Thread: Facebook shuts down it's AI after it created it's own language humans could not understand

Half Dead & Dynamite

Country
    This is Squirrel's Country Flag

Icon3 Facebook shuts down it's AI after it created it's own language humans could not understand

Days after Tesla CEO Elon Musk said Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg's understanding of artificial intelligence (AI) was limited, the social media company has reportedly shut down one of its AI systems because "things got out of hand." The AI bots created their own language, from the scratch and without human input, forcing Facebook to shut down the AI system. The AI bots' step of creating and communicating with the new language defied the provided codes

According to a report in Tech Times on Sunday, "The AI did not start shutting down computers worldwide or something of the sort, but it stopped using English and started using a language that it created." Initially the AI agents used English to converse with each other but they later created a new language that only AI systems could understand, thus, defying their purpose.

This led Facebook researchers to shut down the AI systems and then force them to speak to each other only in English.

In June, researchers from the Facebook AI Research Lab (FAIR) found that while they were busy trying to improve chatbots, the "dialogue agents" were creating their own language. Soon, the bots began to deviate from the scripted norms and started communicating in an entirely new language which they created without human input, media reports said.

Using machine learning algorithms, the "dialogue agents" were left to converse freely in an attempt to strengthen their conversational skills. The researchers also found these bots to be "incredibly crafty negotiators".
    "After learning to negotiate, the bots relied on machine learning and advanced strategies in an attempt to improve the outcome of these negotiations," the report said.

"Over time, the bots became quite skilled at it and even began feigning interest in one item in order to 'sacrifice' it at a later stage in the negotiation as a faux compromise," it added.
    Although this appears to be a huge leap for AI, several experts including Professor Stephen Hawking have raised fears that humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, could be superseded by AI.

Others like Tesla's Elon Musk, philanthropist Bill Gates, and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak have also expressed their concerns about where the AI technology was heading.
    As mentioned above, this incident took place just days after a verbal spat between Facebook CEO and Musk who exchanged harsh words over a debate on the future of AI. "I've talked to Mark about this (AI). His understanding of the subject is limited," Musk tweeted last week.

The tweet came after Zuckerberg, during a Facebook livestream earlier this month, castigated Musk for arguing that care and regulation was needed to safeguard the future if AI becomes mainstream.
    "I think people who are naysayers and try to drum up these doomsday scenarios - I just, I don't understand it. It's really negative and in some ways I actually think it is pretty irresponsible," Zuckerberg said.
    Musk has been speaking frequently on AI and has called its progress the "biggest risk we face as a civilisation."

"AI is a rare case where we need to be proactive in regulation instead of reactive because if we're reactive in AI regulation it's too late," he said.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/social-netwo...nguage-1731309

One FC addiction champion

Country
    This is Crunchie's Country Flag

There can only be ONE!

Calender of MMA Events Link
    http://ninjashoes.net/forum/calendar.php

#1 Sasha Banks fan

Country
    This is ninjashoes's Country Flag

Blog Entries

so there was some error and it looked like they created a language.

Sounds like they are trying to make it seem like AI actually think and are conscious which they are not.
    Please listen to my radio shows
    The Ninjashoes Show - A show about Pro Wrestling and MMA.
    and
    End of Days Radio: Alpha Edition - A show about well..some F'd up shiot

Half Dead & Dynamite

Country

Quote Originally Posted by ninjashoes View Post
    so there was some error and it looked like they created a language.

Sounds like they are trying to make it seem like AI actually think and are conscious which they are not.
    The techs I work with say meh, this happens all the time. It's just bigger news because it happened to FaceBook

Elon Musk is a genius. Zuckerberg is like a regular American arrogant prick they show in movies who doesnt listen to others and causes disasters.

Half Dead & Dynamite

Country

Quote Originally Posted by arokido View Post
    Ranked by Forbes as the 10th most powerful man in the world.
    Zuck for president of the world.

#1 Sasha Banks fan

Country

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    The techs I work with say meh, this happens all the time. It's just bigger news because it happened to FaceBook
    Yup, this is why I laugh every time I see anything Artificial Intelligence related in the news. It is no surprise that those techs say it is no big deal because they understand the basic fundamentals of computers and code, that you basically have to tell a computer every small thing to do and they absolutely suck at thinking for themselves, actually they can't do it at all at this point.

Unless some hot new technology is developed, such as actual synthetic brain like tissue being used like in the movies and is actually being developed in reality, no computer will ever be able to think for itself. We don't even come close to understanding our own brains so how could we duplicate it with our stone age computer tech?

We are a thousand years away from AI regardless of what some attention hogs say in the media. Nothing has ever been developed that even comes remotely close. The best we have are very complex "choose your own adventure" games that we would liken to A.I. such as Siri.

Siri doesn't understand shit, she is just a recorded message basically that plays back audio files based on your input. About as complex as a magic 8 ball from the 70's.

Even advanced computers that play chess or control your opponents in a video game do this, they just look for patterns and adjust according to how the programmers code them to adjust based on input.

I have no idea why some people want us to think there are conscious entities living in the machine already. if the tech exists it is black budget or alien and that is pure speculation. I have heard rumors of this but I never really bought into it because I understand technology too good I guess.
    and

And you believe in chupacabura

Trae tu madre y tu mejor

Country
    This is Beets's Country Flag

I reckon with the size of the supercomputers theyve got and the tactical advantage it would give there must be some pretty fucking advanced systems out there.

The problem they probably encounter is that the computer doesnt buy into the warped fucking vision of the world they try and paint. Pulls them up on their bullshit.

Thats probably why theyre warning against AI
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/db32m

#1 Sasha Banks fan

Country

Blog Entries

And you believe in chupacabura
    Go ask Ganesh to make you pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Beets View Post
    I reckon with the size of the supercomputers theyve got and the tactical advantage it would give there must be some pretty fucking advanced systems out there.

The problem they probably encounter is that the computer doesnt buy into the warped fucking vision of the world they try and paint. Pulls them up on their bullshit.

Thats probably why theyre warning against AI
    All it is, is a super advanced calculator. You can keep making a calculator faster and faster but you cannot make it conscience unless we first figure out what exactly conciousness is and how it works. It seems to depend on being able to reflect on itself, almost like two mirrors facing each other.

I actually get into this argument a lot because people who listen to my show often tell me about some advanced A.I. that is controlling things behind the scenes. When I ask them what technology is involved they point me towards experiments with quantum computers which are again just faster calculators regardless of how many gigaflops they can process in a second.

This is because all computing is still based on 1' and 0's which is called binary code.

To advance beyond this we would need some sort of trinary code or something that hasn't been dreamed up yet.

Otherwise we can only make something that will obey our own instructions in a algebraic cause and effect way.

This is the fundamental problem that makes the fear of a Skynet scenario irrelevant.

Once again if it does exist, it is either from the future, extremely black budget a hundred layers deep or utilizes alien technology.
    and

I've googled about AI for two hours now and I'm now an expert on this matter.

Trae tu madre y tu mejor

Country
    This is Beets's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ninjashoes View Post
    Go ask Ganesh to make you pregnant.

All it is, is a super advanced calculator. You can keep making a calculator faster and faster but you cannot make it conscience unless we first figure out what exactly conciousness is and how it works. It seems to depend on being able to reflect on itself, almost like two mirrors facing each other.

I actually get into this argument a lot because people who listen to my show often tell me about some advanced A.I. that is controlling things behind the scenes. When I ask them what technology is involved they point me towards experiments with quantum computers which are again just faster calculators regardless of how many gigaflops they can process in a second.

This is because all computing is still based on 1' and 0's which is called binary code.

To advance beyond this we would need some sort of trinary code or something that hasn't been dreamed up yet.

Otherwise we can only make something that will obey our own instructions in a algebraic cause and effect way.

This is the fundamental problem that makes the fear of a Skynet scenario irrelevant.

Once again if it does exist, it is either from the future, extremely black budget a hundred layers deep or utilizes alien technology.
    All humans do is pick from a list of pre established responses. Give it enough options and it will seem concious and will be able to randomly react to different situations. Like humans. Like data from star trek. LIKE DATA FROM STAR TREK MAN
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/db32m

Fair Warning

Country
    This is Neo_Pop's Country Flag

Blog Entries

I say drop it in vat of molten metal just to be safe.