Thread: Cody Garbrandt VS TJ Dillashaw UFC Prediction

Cody Garbrandt VS TJ Dillashaw UFC Prediction

Last edited by mmarantsandraves; 01-26-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Ninjabro

Country
    This is Revo's Country Flag

I think Dillashaw wins via split decision by getting a few takedowns, which will make the difference. He will fight more intelligently than Cruz did. Cruz is at his best when his opponent is the aggressor as he is great at making them miss and countering, building up points in the process. It's pretty obvious the game plan for Cody was to not come forward and make Cruz be the aggressor. If Cruz didn't take on the roll of the aggressor the fight would have been boring, but it would have been in his best interest. Instead, he challenged himself and played the role as the aggressor, which was good for the fans, but not him. I think if Cody would have been the primary aggressor, Cruz would have won via decision. Making your opponent fight your fight was crucial and Cody did a great job in this respect.

Dillashaw has a better offensive striking and takedown abilities than Cruz in my opinion. So if Cody fights the same way he won't fare as well. I think Dillashaw will get it done.
    Last edited by Revo; 01-25-2017 at 03:22 PM.

One FC addiction champion

Country
    This is Crunchie's Country Flag

Interesting fight.

I will look at some stats before making a prediction, but my gut leans towards dilly via decision
    There can only be ONE!

Calender of MMA Events Link
    http://ninjashoes.net/forum/calendar.php

Snake in the grass for the win.

The Last Bastion

Country
    This is manners's Country Flag

Garbrandt

Eat. Sleep. Sell. Repeat.

Country
    This is Sub Zero's Country Flag

Blog Entries

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/02/tuf-25-...n-eddie-gordon

They will be coaching the next TUF which is a comeback series with these fighters

Seth Bacynzski
    Mehdi Baghdad
    Justin Edwards
    Tom Gallichio
    Eddie Gordon
    Hayder Hassan
    James Krause
    Julian Lane
    Dhiego Lima
    Ramsey Nijem
    Gilbert Smith
    Joe Stevenson
    Jesse Taylor
    Hector Urbina

I think Joe Stevenson and Eddie Gordon are the favorites to win
    [SIGPIC]https://i.imgflip.com/oosp2.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Half Dead & Dynamite

Country
    This is Squirrel's Country Flag

I'd like to see Joe put together some W's

Two-Face

Country
    This is Nasty Nate's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    I think Dillashaw wins via split decision by getting a few takedowns, which will make the difference. He will fight more intelligently than Cruz did. Cruz is at his best when his opponent is the aggressor as he is great at making them miss and countering, building up points in the process. It's pretty obvious the game plan for Cody was to not come forward and make Cruz be the aggressor. If Cruz didn't take on the roll of the aggressor the fight would have been boring, but it would have been in his best interest. Instead, he challenged himself and played the role as the aggressor, which was good for the fans, but not him. I think if Cody would have been the primary aggressor, Cruz would have won via decision. Making your opponent fight your fight was crucial and Cody did a great job in this respect.

Dillashaw has a better offensive striking and takedown abilities than Cruz in my opinion. So if Cody fights the same way he won't fare as well. I think Dillashaw will get it done.
    great job analyzing the cruz fight. i think dominick got too caught trying to make an exciting fight and totally played Cody's game while Cody sat back and reaped the benefits.

i also think your prediction is fairly on point. TJ wont make the same mistake. only an idiot would. itll be interesting. they both def got some heavy hands for little twerps.

im creepin wit my eye on the prize.

recently ive experienced some of the best and worst moments of my life and it was all rather extreme. one thing i have learned is that balance always remains.

be your own hero.

Country

Blog Entries

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/25...ockout-footage

UFC bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt recently claimed there is footage of a gym knockout he scored over T.J. Dillashaw back when Garbrandt had just launched his MMA career and both men trained at Sacramento’s Team Alpha Male.

To which the former champ basically responded: Put up or shut up.

On a recent edition of The MMA Hour, Dillashaw — who left TAM for Colorado’s Elevation Fight Team in a highly visible split a couple years back — said that no such footage exists because it never happened.

So Dillashaw called the new champ’s bluff and told him to release the footage if he has it.

“He keeps talking, he has footage on it,” Dillashaw said. “I think that’s hilarious because he’s digging himself a hole. If you’ve got footage on it, put it out. It has not happened. If he does, put it out there, because it didn’t happen.”

Dillashaw became TAM’s first UFC champion when he finished Renan Barao at UFC 173 to win the bantamweight title. He held it for a year-and-a-half before dropping the belt to Dominick Cruz last January in a razor-thin decision.

Dillashaw doesn’t deny Garbrandt that hits hard, but says he’s never been knocked out cold, whether in the Octagon or in the gym.

“We’ve definitely thrown down,” Dillashaw said. “Don’t get me wrong, Cody is a tough kid. It’s funny for him to talk about how he’s knocked me out before. The closest I’ve been to being knocked out is in the John Dodson fight when he clipped me.”

With an impressive victory over John Lineker at UFC 207, Dillashaw secured his title shot against Garbrandt. The two former teammates are currently coaching on the 25th season of The Ultimate Fighter.

In the meantime, Dillashaw maintains that if the rumored knockout footage exists, Garbrandt should release it to the public.

“Put it out there,” Dillashaw said. “And if it did [happen], I must not remember it because I got knocked out. It didn’t happen.”
    TJ Dillyshaw is daring Cody Garbrandt to release the gym footage of Garbrandt knocking him out and claims the closest he has been knocked out was when John Dodson "clipped him". Didnt he get dropped and hammered by Dodson?

Country

Dodson smoked his ass.

It was an early stoppage, but he got cracked

There can only be ONE!

Country

Blog Entries

Country

Sweeet
    There can only be ONE!

Country

Blog Entries

How did you like garbrandt going for the throat?

Country

Quote Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
    How did you like garbrandt going for the throat?
    That's how you deal with a snake
    There can only be ONE!

TFZ

Country
    This is The Fire's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post

Great breakdown - repped.

Ninjabros World Tour Participants:
    ChuteFoxe
    Sean Damon
    Rory
    TBA
    Xhale
    Oddtopsy
    Che
    Dr. Bob
    40 Oz
    Mary Jane