Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frank Mir is delusional

Frank Mir is delusional

Im amazing how much this prick actually thinks hes gonna win this fight. he wouldnt have even got by Nog if Herb hadnt of kept yelling for Nog to stop beating on him. Herb gave him the chance when Nog backed off while he shoulda kept pounding on that prick. Then Mir went around bragging about taking his arm home and shit. If Nog had just kept beating on him we wouldnt have to listen to all this shit from Mir cause hed know hes not the man. Mir is his own biggest fan.

communist moderator

Country
    This is ferg[adr]'s Country Flag

i don't understand why people are so hard on mir. he's not a prick. he's only ever a prick if somebody is being a prick to him. he believes he can win, so what? all fighters do. and he does have a chance, not a big one but he hits hard and he is great on the ground.
    "My ground game is good." -James Toney

AA > werdum > fedor

One FC addiction champion

Country
    This is Crunchie's Country Flag

If he can get it to the ground it will be very interesting.

Cigano round 1 KO

Calender of MMA Events Link
    http://ninjashoes.net/forum/calendar.php

communist moderator

Country

yeah. if mir can't get him down in the first round, he's getting knocked out before the second. mir has been pretty easy to drop with strikes, and he's not fast enough to hang with JDS. this is going to be very interesting. i think JDS has the best takedown defense in the division, but anything can happen.

also, jon "cockfag" anik said that this is stylistically the toughest match up for junior so far. wtf is he smoking? this is probably the easiest style match up for him so far.

AA > werdum > fedor

It's called hyping a fight. I see it jds ko in the first. Junior is a nightmare matchup for Mir.

communist moderator

Country

Quote Originally Posted by Jet blazear View Post
    It's called hyping a fight. I see it jds ko in the first. Junior is a nightmare matchup for Mir.
    yeah he was hyping it but he comes off as a moron.

AA > werdum > fedor

This whole card is shit....lots of great matches scrapped: dos santos/overeem, nelson/gonzaga, barboza/dunham.....each replaced with dog doo. Goes without saying the main event will be a blowout. If I was the betting sort I think I could make out handsomely by predicting a KO for Dos Santos in 1.

It's going to be a depressing night, fellas.
    OSWALD

What dost thou know me for?

KENT

A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a
    base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited,
    hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a
    lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson,
    glass-gazing, super-serviceable finical rogue;
    one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a
    bawd, in way of good service, and art nothing but
    the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pandar,
    and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch: one whom I
    will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest
    the least syllable of thy addition.

I'm thinkin pee wee takes Nelson on a UD

Quote Originally Posted by ferg[adr] View Post
    yeah he was hyping it but he comes off as a moron.
    Indeed. But he is a douche bag

King of the Couch

Country
    This is ninjabag's Country Flag

When john anik calls a fight, joe rogan smiles....he and quadros and even bonnar and florian before anik.

Mir is an absolute douche when he opens his mouth. He is delusional. It was beautiful to see JDS tenderize him.

And how the hell do you show up for a championship fight looking that bloated and slow? Especially against a speed demon like JDS?

Back to gatekeeper, Mr. Mir.

I was really hoping for at least one "oh shit" moment from Mir...where he landed a good one or put Dos Santos on the mat, unfortunately I got exactly what I everyone else expected.
    OSWALD

What dost thou know me for?

KENT

A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a
    base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited,
    hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a
    lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson,
    glass-gazing, super-serviceable finical rogue;
    one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a
    bawd, in way of good service, and art nothing but
    the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pandar,
    and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch: one whom I
    will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest
    the least syllable of thy addition.

communist moderator

Country

Quote Originally Posted by PMX View Post
    Mir is an absolute douche when he opens his mouth. He is delusional. It was beautiful to see JDS tenderize him.

And how the hell do you show up for a championship fight looking that bloated and slow? Especially against a speed demon like JDS?

WTF i don't get where this shit comes from. mir is very rarely a douche, almost never. i think the only time he's sounded like a douche was talking about lesnar, but fuck lesnar he deserves it. what is so bad about mir? other guys say so much worse shit than he does. mir is respectful but confident, not douchey.

AA > werdum > fedor

Ninjabro

Country
    This is Ggallaz's Country Flag

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nakedrear View Post
    This whole card is shit....lots of great matches scrapped: dos santos/overeem, nelson/gonzaga, barboza/dunham.....each replaced with dog doo. Goes without saying the main event will be a blowout. If I was the betting sort I think I could make out handsomely by predicting a KO for Dos Santos in 1.

It's going to be a depressing night, fellas.
    That was a badass card. How was that depressing at all?
    " HOW CAN SHE SLAP?!!! "

All finishes super badass card.

putty patroler

Country
    This is Cameron's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jet2233 View Post
    Im amazing how much this prick actually thinks hes gonna win this fight. he wouldnt have even got by Nog if Herb hadnt of kept yelling for Nog to stop beating on him. Herb gave him the chance when Nog backed off while he shoulda kept pounding on that prick. Then Mir went around bragging about taking his arm home and shit. If Nog had just kept beating on him we wouldnt have to listen to all this shit from Mir cause hed know hes not the man. Mir is his own biggest fan.
    dude hes a professional fighter. if your a pro fighter you have to be confident and have to believe in your skills. you cant fault the guy for thinking he can. and legitimatley. he has the tools to just not the heart. i mean what do you expect him to do, say i cant do it this fight is pointless? thats just dumb. get off the guys back.
    wrestling record 14-6-0 (12 pin wins)
    bjj record 33-18-0 (31 sub wins)

R.I.P Evan Tanner

SHOGUN SUPPORTER FOR LIFE THAT MAN IS MY HERO

King of the Couch

Country
    This is ninjabag's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PMX View Post
    how the hell do you show up for a championship fight looking that bloated and slow? Especially against a speed demon like JDS?

Well, Brawk stole his soul and Frankly Meh went on a cycle to get beefy, remember? After all those Overeem Equine Tacos, he cuts strange. He tried one sloppy takedown and failed, then Brawk was in the audience shouting at him. Back to the gate.
    And also back to the name MEH. HGH= not the answer.

I am utterly bewildered by this new trend that we have been seeing in MMA, where one fighter's expertise is a form of grappling and yet he chooses a stand-up fight strategy after being denied a single take-down attempt. In the post-fight interview Mir said that he didn't want to fight a stand-up fight, but he had to because he couldn't get Dos Santos down. Really Mir? Did you even try to take him down other than that one time?

Is it just me or have you guys been noticing this trend to? Mir should have been relentless with his take-down attempts and only opted for a stand-up strategy after failing multiple times (at least 3). And then he should of fought standing-up only to lull Dos Santos into thinking he has given up trying for take-downs at which he would then attempt to get the fight to the ground again.

Remember BigNog vs. CroCop? BigNog attempted at least 6-7 take-downs before he switched to a stand-up strategy and even then it was all about setting CroCop up for that one explosive take-down attempt that would finally result successfully. I just don't understand what was going through Mir's mind. Did he really think he could stand with Dos Santos and win?

One FC addiction champion

Country
    This is Crunchie's Country Flag

He also said(along the lines) that after the failed TD attempt he tried to set up a combo and go for a TD, but every time he tried to do that JDS was too fast and no longer in the pocket.

He also said he didnt just want to dive in because JDS has the uppercut and didnt want to get caught on the way in.

I agree though he should of just went for a few more TD attempts, especially since he was landing a few leg kicks. Maybe after one of those go for it.

But in all honesty, Frank was way too slow for JDS.

Calender of MMA Events Link
    http://ninjashoes.net/forum/calendar.php

Exactly. You can't plod forward against jds. I thought it would be Cain tko RD 2 and jds KO RD 1 shoulda switched rounds haha