Thread: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar Rematch Confirmed for UFC 150

One FC addiction champion

Country
    This is Crunchie's Country Flag

Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar Rematch Confirmed for UFC 150

http://www.heavy.com/mma/2012/05/ben...+%C2%BB+MMA%29

Lightweights rematch at Pepsi Center on Aug. 11

The Ben Henderson and Frankie Edgar lightweight title rematch that was thought to be up in the air in terms of date and location has been set.

The champion and former champ will lock horns once again on Aug. 11 at UFC 150. That event will take place Aug. 11 at the Pepsi Center in Denver, which was the host city for the first two UFC events.

UFC 150 was the event originally reported for the rematch. But an additional report last week said the fight would not take place in August. But on Tuesday night's edition of "UFC Tonight" on Fuel TV, UFC president Dana White said the fight will indeed take place on that card.

Henderson and Edgar fought at UFC 144, and Henderson won by unanimous decision in the main event winning with scores of 49-46, 49-46 and 48-47. After the fight, White said he scored the fight for Edgar. And Edgar immediately began lobbying for a rematch, saying that because he granted rematches in close title fights to BJ Penn and Gray Maynard, he should be afforded the same. He got his wish. Despite White hoping to convince Edgar to drop to featherweight where he said the former champ would get an immediate title fight against Jose Aldo he gave Edgar the rematch.

The lightweight contendership in the UFC remains slightly clogged up due to the rematch. Nate Diaz's win over Jim Miller on Saturday made him next in line for a title shot, White said. But that may be a while, and former WEC champion Anthony Pettis, whose head kick knockout win over Joe Lauzon in February put him in position to ask for a shot at Henderson whom he beat in December 2010 to win the final WEC 155-pound belt also is in need of another fight.
    You've been Skullfucked

Calender of MMA Events Link
    http://ninjashoes.net/forum/calendar.php

communist moderator

Country
    This is ferg[adr]'s Country Flag

DAMMIT i'm so fucking sick of rematches with edgar. he lost his damn belt pretty convincingly if you ask me, what the fuck. this sucks. i don't even like seeing him fight. even for a lightweight his punches are weak.
    "My ground game is good." -James Toney

AA > werdum > fedor

I scored the fight for Henderson, but watching the fight again I can see an argument being made for Edgar winning. Frankie deserves the rematch and even though I don't think he'll win I still give him a shot at defeating Henderson. Edgar only gets better in rematches, he is usually the guy who adapts enough to win.

I'm just glad that he moves down to 145, win or lose, afterwards.

One FC addiction champion

Country
    This is Crunchie's Country Flag

It was a good fight, Bendo won, but its worth watching these 2 go at it again.
    You've been Skullfucked

Calender of MMA Events Link
    http://ninjashoes.net/forum/calendar.php

fuck frankie and new jersey

Rape Choke Inc. Est. 1986

Country
    This is Narbegesicht's Country Flag

so we can watch ben defend against diaz or pettis but instead we get to watch him fight the guy he already beat.... yay?

Ninjabro

Country
    This is omegatron's Country Flag

So....if Edgar wins and Bendo asks for a rematch he should get it right? I agree with everyone....this is a rematch we didn't want.

Whore Streets

Country
    This is xhale of the shoes's Country Flag

5 round decision = rematch

1 rd ko = rematch

2-4 round submission/tko = gtfbtteotl

(get the fuck back to the end of the line)