Thread: Lorenzo Fertitta Claims That Rashad Evans Believed Dana White Was Betting On Jon Jones

I'm right on your heels

Country
    This is HellHook33's Country Flag

Lorenzo Fertitta Claims That Rashad Evans Believed Dana White Was Betting On Jon Jones

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/19...uit-retraction

Michael Cohen - Getty Images
    Lorenzo Fertitta UFC Chairman and CEO (Photo by Michael Cohen/Getty Images)

UFC executives are continuing to discuss their reaction to a story on the MMA blog CagePotato that the promotion alleges gave the misleading and incorrect impression that UFC president Dana White was betting on the UFC 145 headliner between Jon Jones and Rashad Evans.
    The UFC demanded a formal retraction and CagePotato obliged.
    UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta spoke to USA TODAY's Sergio Non about the story and the promotion's response.

"We had a flurry of people contacting us through e-mail, Twitter. Rashad throwing a complete fit ... and then Dana having to call him to calm him down. If (people) thought it was just satire, we wouldn't have had that reaction," said Fertitta.
    "Dana had to talk to Rashad on the phone for 30 minutes to calm him down, to tell him, 'Are you crazy? There's no way I would ever bet on a fight or bet against you,' " Fertitta says.
    More from Fertitta after the jump...

Non asked about the "satire" defense:
    Fertitta: But it didn't even read like a joke. It didn't read like a joke at all. If you look at the article, when you first read that, it sounds like that they were in a room with Dana, talking to him, and he says, "Oh," and he kind of made a mistake and said something, and said "Don't print that."
    He also dug into the implications of CP retracting the piece:
    USA TODAY: They issued a retraction on their website. Does it satisfy your demands?
    Fertitta: We're currently evaluating whether it's sufficient or not. Like I said, there's been a massive amount of fallout in the wake of them putting out something that is completely reckless in the way that they did. I don't understand how anybody could defend what they did. It's a very serious allegation.
    For them to even joke that Dana made a wager of that magnitude on one fighter versus another fighter is something that could have tremendous negative implications for the industry, for our company and a lot of different things.
    As is often the case Fertitta's more measured responses put a more reasonable perspective on the UFC's position. Obviously CagePotato made a botch of the story with a bad attempt at humor but hearing directly from the UFC about the negative ramifications of a single unfunny post on a medium-size web site certainly makes their side more sympathetic.

In a way by sponsoring jon jones they are kind of betting that he will win.

fucked up for rashad..

Daniel

Country
    This is ninjashoes's Country Flag

Blog Entries

why does he care what Dana said?

go in there and beat his fuckin ass Rashad

worry about who said what after

The End of Days Podcast is hosted by Resin and Ninjashoes
    Check out EndofDaysRadio.com or click here to listen

WAR Mitch Clarke!

Rashad must be worried about losing this one.

this is just fucked because any mental advantage that rashad had over jones just flew out the window

look for jones to dominate and finish by rd 3

Quote Originally Posted by killemall View Post
    In a way by sponsoring jon jones they are kind of betting that he will win.
    This is what I thought as well lol I mean that is kinda a slap to the face for rashad

Country
    This is abelinkinyang's Country Flag

hopefully travis browne and stephen thompson wont be mad at me..I dropped 200 on chad griggs and matt brown

One FC addiction champion

Country
    This is Crunchie's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by abelinkinyang View Post
    hopefully travis browne and stephen thompson wont be mad at me..I dropped 200 on chad griggs and matt brown
    Griggs has a knack for the upset and Wnderboy is unproven. Could be a good payday.

Calender of MMA Events Link
    http://ninjashoes.net/forum/calendar.php

One FC addiction champion

Country
    This is Crunchie's Country Flag

Rashad just has to focus on the fight, beat that ass, take the title, take the sponsership.

Anyway Jones round 4 tko.

Calender of MMA Events Link
    http://ninjashoes.net/forum/calendar.php

King of the Couch

Country
    This is ninjabag's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ninjashoes View Post
    why does he care what Dana said?

go in there and beat his fuckin ass Rashad

worry about who said what after

Damn 'shoes... you keep making sense like that and we're gonna put you in charge, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by oddtopsy View Post
    this is just fucked because any mental advantage that rashad had over jones just flew out the window

look for jones to dominate and finish by rd 3
    What mental advantage? If he didn't know he was going into this fight as a massive underdog he is crazy.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, the other to the Lord.

Looking back at the footprints in the sand, he noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.

The Lord replied, "My son, My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper Man View Post
    What mental advantage? If he didn't know he was going into this fight as a massive underdog he is crazy.
    EXACTLY. He knows Jones trumps him in every way which is why he's been trolling Jon since before the fight was even announced. He knows that getting inside his head will be his ONLY advantage. He picked up on this tactic during his fight with Rampage, and it was working. Jones is always super upset when hes forced to be around Rashad, talking about how hes "ruined his special night" multiple times and such. He was bringing out emotions in Jones in order to get him to not fight so technical in their match, but force him to swing like an emotional bitch like Tito.

Rashad had the mental edge coming into this fight, and hopefully this didnt take too much wind out of his sails..

Im just thinking how akward its going to be when the bell rings and these 2 come at eachother crawling around like marilyn manson