Thread: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended For Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher ‘Cute’

9-Year-Old Boy Suspended For Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher ‘Cute’

Chiquita Lockett, a North Carolina mom, says her 9-year-old son Emanyea has been suspended from school after calling a teacher “cute.” Wait, it gets worse. The principal of Brookside Elementary in Gastonia is calling the incident a form of “sexual harassment.”

Lockett told WSOC TV that a substitute teacher overheard Emanyea tell another student a teacher was cute and was suspended as a result (he’s spent the past two days at home).

I’m a firm believer in boundaries, especially when it comes to teacher-student relationships, but if this is in fact the entire story – i.e., if there’s not more that went on aside from a 9-year-old thinking his teacher’s cute – then this is totally ridiculous!

Just earlier today, we mentioned a separate incident about a 7-year-old Boston boy being charged with sexual harassment for kicking his alleged bully in the crotch. I don’t take the idea of sexual harassment lightly yet neither of these cases, as reported, seems to fit the bill. To me, they sound like adults over-reacting.

“It’s not like he went up to the woman and tried to grab her or touch her in a sexual way,” Lockett said. “So why would he be suspended for two days?”

According to the station, a district spokeswoman said she could not go into detail, but said the boy was suspended for “inappropriate behavior” after making “inappropriate statements.”

There were about five teachers I had while growing up that I wanted to rail.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, the other to the Lord.

Looking back at the footprints in the sand, he noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.

The Lord replied, "My son, My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

violent&funky

Country
    This is The Wolf's Country Flag

he whipped it out. srs pwnage right there.