Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drive - Review

Quote Originally Posted by IMAMEX View Post
    Gosling is the shit. In my opinion, as far as Gosling movies and what we're talking about in this thread: Blue Valentine > Drive Completely different movies but they both made me sad and empty in the end. For different reasons of course.
    Watched Blue Valentine on your recommendation and agree with almost everything you said, though I think I give Drive the edge. But yes...both felt sad and empty. I was more angry at the end of Blue Valentine. I felt like there was justice at the end of Drive at least, the Driver was a creature that was not of this world and so could have a future in it. It was sad what happened at the end, but it felt right.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, the other to the Lord.

Looking back at the footprints in the sand, he noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.

The Lord replied, "My son, My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Quote Originally Posted by guerillaslaved View Post
    Don't hate on my gosling crush.

I was disappointed in source code. It was a good movie, but i had much higher hopes for it being the second feature film from Duncan Jones. His first film was much better.

I heard Refn was possibly doing a logans run remake.
    Refn and Gosling are becoming the new Scorsese/Dicaprio. They made Drive and they are attached to make two more movies together, one of which is a Logan's Run remake. Right now they are shooting Only God Forgives in Thailand right now. Its about Gosling's characters brother getting murdered and his mother ordering him to get revenge.