Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clueless about the next move

Chuck Norris

Country
    This is amanamagus's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nakedrear View Post
    ^^^
    @Reaper Man: would agree with that assessment.

To go along with it, I think this economic crunch that has been building up on America has taught me a lot. I never thought I'd be happy to simply settle into a "normal" career, but I guess that's a symptom of growing up American. It's not enough to make a decent living for yourself and your family, so many of us set our sights on living some "epic" life. We've had it too good. Take it from someone who has done some struggling: a normal life isn't a bad thing. Perhaps you just need a subtle change to fill in the missing piece in your life. Change your view on your work, possibly. Think about how you can contribute to something, make others lives better in some small way through doing your part, rather than just getting through it and getting home. Maybe you could pick up a hobby that nurtures a completely different part of yourself. If work is fast-paced and competitive, it might be better to do some art or fishing, rather than boxing or jiu-jitsu all the time.

I think the first big step to feeling better, however, is not to beat yourself up because your life isn't like a movie.
    There's a good chance that I've been too influenced by the life as its shown in movies. I mean in there, we cannot realize how hard people have it when they are slogging over hard monotonous shit to move ahead an inch. But how do we make peace with the normal life? Normal life doesn't has to be ordinary or boring. I want to develop the perspective with which I can make peace with a 'normal life'. I dont want to be rich, although I'm enticed by that since I am a product of a culture where rich people have so much they can do. More than anything, I want to feel great about what I'm doing. And I dunno what to do to feel that. Also, I dont think comparing is wrong - that's what helps us find a way forward and keeps us from stagnation.

A man.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

Robert Heinlein

Chuck Norris

Country

Quote Originally Posted by killemall View Post
    do u have a girlfriend yet?

and that we thing is really creepy, I seriously hope you dont talk like that in real life.
    Nah man. No girlfriend yet. :facepalm:

Although I dont feel its THAT big a deal anymore. I could've had one if I had wanted to, if I had lowered my expectations. Not that I'ma prize turkey myself. But yeah, till the time you haven't had any, you never can be sure. I dunno if having one would've taken my mind off shit for better or if it would've been a too much of a distraction from the real shit that needs to be addressed.

A man.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

Robert Heinlein

Well, here is a great problem solving tool that might help you

Chuck Norris

Country

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper Man View Post
    Because I think the US economy is about to experience a crash of epic proportions and you will be better able to weather it in India than in the States.

I'm trying to get all of my assets out of dollars and into something that is at least somewhat crash/inflation proof. Gold is an option, but like Warren Buffet, I disagree with the Austrians in that I don't think gold is money. Gold is just an asset that has been traditionally used as money, but like the dollar only has the value that people as a group give it.
    Ohk. Btw, like I've mentioned before, I plan to quit this company,TCS. And this is India's 'most valuable company'; its a secure job but I dont really feel I'm getting anywhere by staying here.

I dont get much time to work for myself either. So I've been thinking about leaving here and getting a job as a lecturer. Workload would be considerably less and I'll get time to study for myself. If I feel I can focus on and commit myself to science, I'll keep working on that (Like I said before, I feel I'm interested but I cannot be sure till I've had a taste of it - I've had a taste of it but all kinds of pressures and stuff kept coming in way - I know its how utterly idiotic it is to expect perfect circumstance - I expect only good health for one to be able to work. And I feel that aspect of my life has really suffered ever since I joined here.)

And if I dont succeed, I will probably start preparing for IAS. IAS is a 3-stage exam (Objective test, subjective test and an interview) which if you clear, gives you top positions in Indian Bureaucracy. Its really tough but I think I can do it.

A man.

Robert Heinlein

Sneaky Fucker

Country
    This is Beets's Country Flag

yeah. i would recommend a 3 week holiday involving substance abuse and casual sex. if you are ugly - pay for the sex.

youre way too high strung and are overthinking things to the nth degree.

it cant end well
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/db32m

Sneaky Fucker

Country

on a more serious note - maybe you should do some travelling. broaden the horizons. a change of perspective cant hurt.

Daniel

Country
    This is ninjashoes's Country Flag

Blog Entries

yeah save up money and do some travelling

Beets is right, listen to the wise Scottsman

The End of Days Podcast is hosted by Resin and Ninjashoes
    Check out EndofDaysRadio.com or click here to listen

WAR Mitch Clarke!

Quote Originally Posted by amanamagus View Post

Although I dont feel its THAT big a deal anymore. I could've had one if I had wanted to, if I had lowered my expectations. Not that I'ma prize turkey myself. But yeah, till the time you haven't had any, you never can be sure. I dunno if having one would've taken my mind off shit for better or if it would've been a too much of a distraction from the real shit that needs to be addressed.
    Women change everything once they come into your life. Sex and love is a basic need. Your life is fuckin dry right now and I can easily make that out. You know what is more beautiful than any poetry or painting or any of that? A live, young beautiful woman in front of you that loves you. Or looking at the fucking himalayas riding on a bike. I would highly recommend a bike ride to ladakh. And then tell me if you are still confused about what you wanna do in life.

do you want to be an ultimate fucking fighter?

Daniel

Country
    This is ninjashoes's Country Flag

Blog Entries

Aman why do you say

"Not that I'ma prize turkey myself."

Theres your problem right now. You are talking yourself into a hole.

YOU ARE A PRIZE TURKEY MOTHERFUCKER DONT FORGET THAT EVER, YOUR MY FRIEND AND THAT AUTOMATICALLY MAKES YOU BETTER THAN 99% OF PEOPLE ON THIS SHITTY PLANET

The End of Days Podcast is hosted by Resin and Ninjashoes
    Check out EndofDaysRadio.com or click here to listen

WAR Mitch Clarke!

Sneaky Fucker

Country

yeah turkey

Chuck Norris

Country

Quote Originally Posted by oddtopsy View Post
    do you want to be an ultimate fucking fighter?
    Fuck yeah!

A man.

Robert Heinlein

communist moderator

Country
    This is ferg[adr]'s Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ninjashoes View Post
    Aman why do you say

YOU ARE A PRIZE TURKEY MOTHERFUCKER DONT FORGET THAT EVER, YOUR MY FRIEND AND THAT AUTOMATICALLY MAKES YOU BETTER THAN 99% OF PEOPLE ON THIS SHITTY PLANET
    i agree, aman is a sexy beast that i would absolutely have sex with if i was a woman. i dig the beard. (not gay)
    "My ground game is good." -James Toney

AA > werdum > fedor

communist moderator

Country
    This is ferg[adr]'s Country Flag

aman, beets is right you're thinking things out too much. go with the flow for the time being and things will come to you, you clearly have somewhat of a plan already considering you have a masters degree and what sounds like a good job. you're still young at 26! let shit settle for a few years, you've got plenty of time.
    "My ground game is good." -James Toney

AA > werdum > fedor

Aman why do you say

That's right, goddamnit! Now let's hear you say it:

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!
    OSWALD

What dost thou know me for?

KENT

A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a
    base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited,
    hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a
    lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson,
    glass-gazing, super-serviceable finical rogue;
    one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a
    bawd, in way of good service, and art nothing but
    the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pandar,
    and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch: one whom I
    will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest
    the least syllable of thy addition.

Country
    This is Shogun_Rules_'s Country Flag

Thats how i feel man. I thought if i were to have been able to get this chick then life would be complete. Yet in reality their is sooooo much other shit i need to figure out. Imagine if i were to have put all my happiness in this chick them it cimes crashing down. I would be back at square one instead of realizing you need tobe complete on your own.

Chuck Norris

Country

Aman why do you say

Rawr! This place has helped me out a lot mang. For real.

A man.

Robert Heinlein

Chuck Norris

Country

Quote Originally Posted by ferg[adr] View Post
    aman, beets is right you're thinking things out too much. go with the flow for the time being and things will come to you, you clearly have somewhat of a plan already considering you have a masters degree and what sounds like a good job. you're still young at 26! let shit settle for a few years, you've got plenty of time.
    Yeah man, I'm gonna quit soon and take some time off to relax and prepare for the future. I feel alright most of the times, just feel restless every now and then.

A man.

Robert Heinlein

Chuck Norris

Country

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun_Rules_ View Post
    Thats how i feel man. I thought if i were to have been able to get this chick then life would be complete. Yet in reality their is sooooo much other shit i need to figure out. Imagine if i were to have put all my happiness in this chick them it cimes crashing down. I would be back at square one instead of realizing you need tobe complete on your own.
    True that. You gotta have your own thing going for yourself and not leach off someone else's awesomeness. Regular sex is always welcome though.

A man.

Robert Heinlein

You really need a vision bro. And stick with it.

Figure out what your strengths are, what your interests are, and what sort of lifestyle you want--and figure out where they intersect. Lacking any one of these is going to make for a shitty, frustrating life.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, the other to the Lord.

Looking back at the footprints in the sand, he noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.

The Lord replied, "My son, My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."