Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derek Boogaard found dead in Minneapolis apt

Half Dead and Dynamite

Country
    This is Squirrel's Country Flag

Derek Boogaard found dead in Minneapolis apt

Derek Boogaard, dubbed the “Boogie Man” during his days policing the ice at Xcel Energy Center in a Wild uniform, was found dead Friday in his Minneapolis apartment by members of his family.

The New York Rangers enforcer was 28.
    “Derek was an extremely kind and caring individual,” Rangers General Manager Glen Sather said in a statement. “He was a very thoughtful person, who will be dearly missed by all those who knew him. We extend our deepest sympathies to his family, friends and teammates during this difficult time.”
    Boogaard is survived by his mother, Joanne, and father, Len, his younger brothers Aaron and Ryan and younger sister, Krysten.
    Boogaard, a fan favorite in Minnesota, had 54 NHL fights and amassed 544 penalty minutes in five seasons with the Wild.
    -------------------------

Strange.....

Here's a good HL vid of some fights. He starts dropping people at the 4:12 mark.... I don't watch hockey.... just the fights

oh yeah, here's the aricle from our local news
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/121813554.html

Ninjabro

Country
    This is mac!'s Country Flag

uyyyy

one of my buds from my hockey team is tight withj this guy

he is gonna be destroyed

now i got to call everyone and let them know

this sucks

War Horn

Ninjabro

Country

home town boy

i bet it was coke :(

War Horn

Quote Originally Posted by cam View Post
    home town boy

i bet it was coke :(
    A good possibility. My money is on concussion-related causes (possibly a brain aneurysm), and if that's the case this is going to add some rocket fuel to the head hits/fighting debates.
    "Ain't no fighters in England! Dey all BUMS!"
    -James "Lights Out" Toney

"Basketball is a bunch of queers running around playing a n***** ballgame in their underwear"
    -Ty Cobb

Ninjabro

Country

sadly i hope it was that bean, it needs to be addressed anyway plus i dont want dereks legacy to be coke death

man this affects so many people around me its crazy

War Horn

Shitty situation all around, 28 is too young to go. Me and a few buddies were at the Sens game last December when he got his last concussion. Matt Carkner rocked him with a punch and hit him with a judo throw.
    "Ain't no fighters in England! Dey all BUMS!"
    -James "Lights Out" Toney

"Basketball is a bunch of queers running around playing a n***** ballgame in their underwear"
    -Ty Cobb

Half Dead and Dynamite

Country

Report: Arrests made in connection to Derek Boogaard's death

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...oogaards-death

Three years after Derek Boogaard died of a drug and alcohol overdose, arrests have been made in connection to the former New York Rangers and Minnesota Wild enforcer's untimely passing according to Duke Castiglione of Fox News 5 in New York.

More from MyFoxNY.com:
    Law enforcement sources say that Jordan Hart, the son of New York Islanders legend Gary [sic] Hart, was arrested on Long Island this morning by the DEA's New York drug enforcement task force.

Sources say that Hart was supplying Boogaard, a former Rangers' enforcer, with the prescription painkillers that killed him.

Sources say that Hart could face 20+ years in prison if convicted.
    Also arrested was Oscar Johnson, a physician's assistant in Utah. He is accused of writing Percocet prescriptions for Jordan Hart on nearly a monthly basis for two years, totaling nearly 3,000 pills.
    Boogaard was found dead in his Minneapolis apartment on May 13, 2011. He was 28 years old.

The enforcer was a popular player among teammates and fans. He spent five seasons with the Minnesota Wild. In his final NHL season, Boogaard appeared in just 22 games with the Rangers after his year was shortened by a concussion. He had three years remaining on his contract at the time of his death.

Over 277 NHL games, he racked up 589 penalty minutes as one of the game's most feared fighters. He also had three goals and 13 assists.

Since his death, Boogaard's family has been pursuing litigation against the NHL and filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the league in 2013.

According to the New York Times, Boogaard's family contests tha the league is responsible for the physical trauma and brain damage the player sustained over his six seasons in the league and his subsequent addiction to prescription painkillers over the final two years of his career.

Considering the time that has passed since Boogaard died, the news of arrests is stunning and adds a new twist in one of the saddest tales of recent NHL history.

One FC addiction champion

Country
    This is Crunchie's Country Flag

Wow, detectives were all up into this mess

Calender of MMA Events Link
    http://ninjashoes.net/forum/calendar.php

Half Dead and Dynamite

Country

Ya, I'm just a bit surprised it's in the news again.. Family & friends were behind it for sure

Ninjabro

Country

His dad found cheques written to those guys and got the cops on it.

War Horn

Sneaky Fucker

Country
    This is Beets's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Report: Arrests made in connection to Derek Boogaard's death

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...oogaards-death

Three years after Derek Boogaard died of a drug and alcohol overdose, arrests have been made in connection to the former New York Rangers and Minnesota Wild enforcer's untimely passing according to Duke Castiglione of Fox News 5 in New York.

More from MyFoxNY.com:
    Law enforcement sources say that Jordan Hart, the son of New York Islanders legend Gary [sic] Hart, was arrested on Long Island this morning by the DEA's New York drug enforcement task force.

Sources say that Hart was supplying Boogaard, a former Rangers' enforcer, with the prescription painkillers that killed him.

Sources say that Hart could face 20+ years in prison if convicted.
    Also arrested was Oscar Johnson, a physician's assistant in Utah. He is accused of writing Percocet prescriptions for Jordan Hart on nearly a monthly basis for two years, totaling nearly 3,000 pills.
    Boogaard was found dead in his Minneapolis apartment on May 13, 2011. He was 28 years old.

The enforcer was a popular player among teammates and fans. He spent five seasons with the Minnesota Wild. In his final NHL season, Boogaard appeared in just 22 games with the Rangers after his year was shortened by a concussion. He had three years remaining on his contract at the time of his death.

Over 277 NHL games, he racked up 589 penalty minutes as one of the game's most feared fighters. He also had three goals and 13 assists.

Since his death, Boogaard's family has been pursuing litigation against the NHL and filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the league in 2013.

According to the New York Times, Boogaard's family contests tha the league is responsible for the physical trauma and brain damage the player sustained over his six seasons in the league and his subsequent addiction to prescription painkillers over the final two years of his career.

Considering the time that has passed since Boogaard died, the news of arrests is stunning and adds a new twist in one of the saddest tales of recent NHL history.

pretty sure he was an adult that made a choice and took the money/fame happily for the risk.
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/db32m

Half Dead and Dynamite

Country

I think they are looking at the aspect of the Wild hiring him to be an enforcer/fighter for the team.. Something that's been common since the 70's.. You are hired to get into fights and intimidate players from the other team so they're pointing fingers I guess

Ninjabro

Country

the NHL is losing most of these cases as well

fighting in hockey is doomed

War Horn

Half Dead and Dynamite

Country

Hey, that remids me!

Cam & Crunch.. Netflix has a documentary called Last Gladiators and looks at the career of Chris "knuckles" Nilan

Good flick.. check it out

Ninjabro

Country

I watched some of it Already but he is just a total moron

Also Bogard did lots of drugs before, during and after his career. They will have trouble pinning substance abuse allegations on the nhl.

War Horn

Country

Hey, that remids me!

Cam & Crunch.. Netflix has a documentary called Last Gladiators and looks at the career of Chris "knuckles" Nilan

Good flick.. check it out

looks interesting, is the focus only on Nilan?

Half Dead and Dynamite

Country

Mostly Nilan.. I forgot the others in it but it always comes back to Nilan.. You should give it a try

Country

Mostly Nilan.. I forgot the others in it but it always comes back to Nilan.. You should give it a try
    Prep me for the season

Ninjabro

Country

You wont believe what a block head Nilan is. I almost could not stand him he is so stupid. Just a thug.

War Horn

Country

Quote Originally Posted by mac! View Post
    You wont believe what a block head Nilan is. I almost could not stand him he is so stupid. Just a thug.
    Well, he wasnt there as a finesse player, and most goons dont appear to have that einstein intellect. Especially after years of brain battery.