Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: training outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by Zere View Post
    thats inefficient
    Not it's not. A wedge drives deeper into the same spot whereas with a maul you have to hit in generally the same place. Unless you are splitting pansy wood that you can break in one swing, a wedge is far superior.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, the other to the Lord.

Looking back at the footprints in the sand, he noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.

The Lord replied, "My son, My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Citizen Cope

Country
    This is Zere's Country Flag

No way. We heat our house with wood, setting up a wedge is inefficient. When we are splitting tough wood I just hit that shit hard.
    Ninjashoes 2008 Chess Champion.
    Ninjashoes 2008 Fantasy Football Champion.

FREE MONEY!!!

you sign up, get 10 free cents to bet on all kinds of sports, get to 20 dollars you can cash out real money. If you lose the 10 cents they give you 10 more cents for free.

http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=182035

Maybe you are just more accurate than I.

Where do you live that you heat your house with wood?

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, the other to the Lord.

Looking back at the footprints in the sand, he noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.

The Lord replied, "My son, My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Citizen Cope

Country

I live in southern Delaware. A house in the woods. If you hit the wood along the grain 90% of wood will split if you hit it hard enough. We don't have any types of woods that I can't split with the maul in one or two, and sometimes 3 hits. The wedge is needed if its a really big piece of wood making the maul not hit a large enough suface area, or if there is a ton of knots in the wood. Usually if its a big piece of wood when its being cut down with the chainsaw we split it into some smaller pieces so it can be split. If there is a ton of knots I just go crazy on it instead of getting a wedge lol, sometimes have to hit a ton of times.

FREE MONEY!!!

you sign up, get 10 free cents to bet on all kinds of sports, get to 20 dollars you can cash out real money. If you lose the 10 cents they give you 10 more cents for free.

Lol cant have a outdoor training thread with out a good ol hillbilly debate over how to brake wood.

I was moving wood today and I saw a black widow spider. First time I have seen one

Is it true, like in Wayne's World, that there's NOTHING characteristic about...Delaware...?

my boss screwed me with a heavy work load for the last two weeks before my last fight, so i found myself doing a lot of late night workouts in my backyard. it kicks your metabolism in to high gear before you go to sleep so you lose more weight overnight (for anyone cutting weight).
    i found some hand sized rocks to shadowbox with and do punchout drills,
    my porchlight projected a perfect shadow on the garage for me to shadowbox,
    large boulders to hold while I weaved and worked on footwork,
    i've got a weighted vest and leg weights so i did squat jumps onto picnic tables,
    weighted frog jumps, monkey leaps, bear crawls,
    squat kicks, elevated pushups, hill sprints, jump rope,
    i'd spend a good 2 hours getting carried away some nights,
    but its something i'll continue to use to keep my conditioning up

Citizen Cope

Country

keeps things interesting too eh

FREE MONEY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
    my boss screwed me with a heavy work load for the last two weeks before my last fight, so i found myself doing a lot of late night workouts in my backyard. it kicks your metabolism in to high gear before you go to sleep so you lose more weight overnight (for anyone cutting weight).
    i found some hand sized rocks to shadowbox with and do punchout drills,
    my porchlight projected a perfect shadow on the garage for me to shadowbox,
    large boulders to hold while I weaved and worked on footwork,
    i've got a weighted vest and leg weights so i did squat jumps onto picnic tables,
    weighted frog jumps, monkey leaps, bear crawls,
    squat kicks, elevated pushups, hill sprints, jump rope,
    i'd spend a good 2 hours getting carried away some nights,
    but its something i'll continue to use to keep my conditioning up
    sounds like a good time

So I think I'm going to buy one of those Vibram FiveFingers.

Citizen Cope

Country

thats awesome let mek now how they are

FREE MONEY!!!

any one have any bad encounters with bugs training outside.
    I was moving some wood and i saw a black widow spider.
    After that I stayed inside for a week. I'm thinking of picking up the axe today to go outside again. Also the mosquitos are a pain.

no, but i keep having run ins with this bad ass fox. i've heard it chasing down skunks and cats at night. the sounds it makes are terrifying.
    when i was doing hill sprints on a driveway down the road we ran into each other. we had a little mexican standoff in the dark. it growled at me and i ran like a bitch. those things seem a lot bigger than i imagined, or maybe it was the dark.

Citizen Cope

Country

just remember its more scared of you than you are of it

FREE MONEY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sullivan View Post
    I was moving some wood and i saw a black widow spider.
    After that I stayed inside for a week. I'm thinking of picking up the axe today to go outside again. Also the mosquitos are a pain.
    Black Widows are all over my garage...the worst is the eggs - they look like Pasta Shell noodles, so you gotta vacuum them, big-time, or they'll hatch and make it worse for you in a couple of months.

Bees, too, hornets...you gotta get rid of the nests, asap.

I think I would run for the hills if I saw a black widow, but don't tell anyone that. There was an older lady in my area who got bit by one and is now paralzyed in the hospital.

As for outdoors training - I go to the park where there's the playground stuff and do chin ups on the monkey bars and intervals on the grass

Vibram FiveFingers are pwn. Only downsides are the fact that since all feet are shaped slightly different they've picked an average so if your feet (toes especially) are weirdly long or short or just different from each other in an unusual way they might be uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zere View Post
    thats inefficient
    dito!