Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: training outdoors

training outdoors

does anyone here like training outdoors
    or have any good outdoor training ideas?

I need to start training outside beacuse training indoors is limiting my workout
    i jump rope inside and it sounds like im masterbating to people who can listen thru the wall. plus its hard to train hard and make noise when people can hear you thru the wall. the kind of people that just dont understand.

{SAVR}

Country
    This is Shaggydoo's Country Flag

Pull/chin ups on tree limbs, jogging trails, rock climbing, parks with workout areas, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggydoo View Post
    Pull/chin ups on tree limbs, jogging trails, rock climbing, parks with workout areas, etc...
    i live way in the woods im doing all this in my backyard
    not much jogging trails around here but i have a hill i can just up and down.

if it just wasnt for the fucking mosquitos.

Got a sandbag? I do most of my sandbag workouts outside where there's more room. In addition to all the usual stuff - squating, clean & press, shouldering, loading, etc - tie a rope to it & drag it along the ground with your arms or with the rope attached to you somewhere (I use a weightlifting belt). Carry it up that hill.
    Monson, Babalu, Marquardt, Alves, BJ, Brown

Citizen Cope

Country
    This is Zere's Country Flag

I mostly workout outside barefooted. I live in the woods. I am fortunate enough to have an olympic bar which I use for squats and deadlifts. I use a fence and sawhorses as my squat rack. For my pushing motion I do pushups and put chains around neck to increase resistance. For my pulling motion i put the olympic bar across the saw horses and do inverted rows, with chains for more resistance (the chains don't workout quite as well for this exercise). I also have a portable pullup bar and a bunch of other equipment and exercises don't feel like listing. Sometimes I split and haul wood for some cardio. Outdoor circuit training for cardio also.
    Ninjashoes 2008 Chess Champion.
    Ninjashoes 2008 Fantasy Football Champion.

FREE MONEY!!!

you sign up, get 10 free cents to bet on all kinds of sports, get to 20 dollars you can cash out real money. If you lose the 10 cents they give you 10 more cents for free.

http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=182035

All great ideas. Yeah i split wood even though it makes me feel like shit when there bugs trying to live inside and i destroy there house. Cutting with the axe is fun its one of my favrite workouts. I went down to cut more space to train. I also made a makawara by tapeing a phonebook with electical tape i will tie it to a tree and use it for punching.

wtf you work outside with no shoes???

Citizen Cope

Country

In the summer. Barefoot is good for you

FREE MONEY!!!

you sign up, get 10 free cents to bet on all kinds of sports, get to 20 dollars you can cash out real money. If you lose the 10 cents they give you 10 more cents for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Zere View Post
    That's gross. You step in dog shit, and you get hepatitis, worms, all that nasty shit. Not to mention, the shit, ITSELF. Fuck that. ASICS all the f'ng way.

A small tip, if you run outside, DON'T FUCKING RUN ALONG BUSY ROADS - you're sniffing EXHAUST. Stay away from cars, yo!

Yeah I heard its very good for humans feet to touch the ground.
    it probably wouldnt be safe were im at though. The dirt here is hard orange clay and the majority of the plants and bushes have thorns.

Citizen Cope

Country

Ah yea, if you have money some Nike Free's work well or Vibran finger things mimic being barefoot. OR some chucks.

FREE MONEY!!!

I mostly workout outside barefooted. I live in the woods. I am fortunate enough to have an olympic bar which I use for squats and deadlifts. I use a fence and sawhorses as my squat rack. For my pushing motion I do pushups and put chains around neck to increase resistance. For my pulling motion i put the olympic bar across the saw horses and do inverted rows, with chains for more resistance (the chains don't workout quite as well for this exercise). I also have a portable pullup bar and a bunch of other equipment and exercises don't feel like listing. Sometimes I split and haul wood for some cardio. Outdoor circuit training for cardio also.
    Ok Mr. Kubik

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, the other to the Lord.

Looking back at the footprints in the sand, he noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.

The Lord replied, "My son, My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Dog shit. Investigate.

what kind of axe do you use? I have a big red true temper and a small black true temper hand axe. on 4th of july a tree fell in the street and blocked the cars in my neighborhood i had to chop it with my axe. chopping wood in the hot sun is a great way to workout.

Citizen Cope

Country

I actually use a splitting maul with a fiberglass handle. Its heavier than an axe so the wood splits easier. Axe you usually have to hit a bunch of times especially if its a tough piece of wood.

FREE MONEY!!!

I actually use a splitting maul with a fiberglass handle. Its heavier than an axe so the wood splits easier. Axe you usually have to hit a bunch of times especially if its a tough piece of wood.
    yeah im new to the woods. I do have to hit the wood many times to break it.
    makes for a good workout though. im getting better. when i first statred it felt like forever to get thru one peice of wood. theres also a few dead trees in my backyard im thinking about cutting down.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyums View Post
    Sounds like where I live.
    yeah orange clay is tough

Citizen Cope

Country

If you use the wood I'd invest in a splitting maul. You will get a clean cut without wood chips all over the place and stuff and much more efficient. Ofcourse if you don't cut down many trees and are just looking for the workout the maul would be a bad choice cuz you would get through stuff so quick.

FREE MONEY!!!

Mask's Cock = Yummy

Country
    This is TapOut136's Country Flag

Matt Hughes approves of this thread

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E1J3keIL8FA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E1J3keIL8FA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If you use the wood I'd invest in a splitting maul.
    That or get a splitting wedge and just use the sledge.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, the other to the Lord.

Looking back at the footprints in the sand, he noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.

The Lord replied, "My son, My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Citizen Cope

Country

thats inefficient

FREE MONEY!!!