Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 116

Thread: OBW"S RECIPES FOR THE BACHELORS

  1. #61
    Space Ace
    Bloodshot {ADR}'s Avatar

    Country
    This is Bloodshot {ADR}'s Country Flag

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    31,118

    thanks for the edit. I have a whole bunch of chicken breast in the freezer, might go grab me some veggies for this weekend.

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ARRe2IJvJUM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ARRe2IJvJUM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    "Back in the days of shock and awe. We came to liberate them all.
    History was the cruel judge of overconfidence.

    We had a chance to change our mind, but somehow wisdom was hard to find. We went with what we knew and now we can't go back, but we had a chance to change our mind."


  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    What about poached peaches or pears?

    I wouldn't call combining two ingredients cooking anyway.
    now, they actually sound pretty good...it's peach harvesting time here and they are so yummy...juicy and mmmm, I like natural sugar over the granulated better so I'm always preferring fruits over baked sweets or candy bars and stuff.

    cooking = preparing food with heat, nuked don't count

    Buttsketeer


  3. #63
    {SAVR}
    Shaggydoo's Avatar

    Country
    This is Shaggydoo's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    3,630

    I need to throw some of my recipes in here.

    Anyone like fish, or grilled food? Those are my specialties.

    I like the sound of all the recipes in here except the pasta + cherries...sorry... But other than that, i'm going to probably try most, if not all of these.

  4. #64
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggydoo View Post
    I need to throw some of my recipes in here.

    Anyone like fish, or grilled food? Those are my specialties.

    I like the sound of all the recipes in here except the pasta + cherries...sorry... But other than that, i'm going to probably try most, if not all of these.
    Post em up man....I like new things
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  5. #65
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    Quote Originally Posted by Old_But_Wise View Post
    oh btw Rob.....Repped for atleast posting some...I will definately try the pasta n cherries...
    This was a bad idea...Makes note to be more cautious of Robs recipes
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  6. #66
    Buttsketeer
    Rob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ADR
    Posts
    47,634

    You people clearly can't master the skill.


    Thanks Bob (my father)

  7. #67
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    the skill is easy...its the tastebuds that are complicating things
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  8. #68
    Buttsketeer
    Rob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ADR
    Posts
    47,634

    Ah what do I care some of the recipes you guys posted definitely didn't appeal to me. To each his own.


    Thanks Bob (my father)

  9. #69
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ah what do I care some of the recipes you guys posted definitely didn't appeal to me. To each his own.
    Exactly....I wasnt expecting every recipe to go over well...Taste is an amazing thing...I gave it a go...I just didnt make it to the finish line..
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  10. #70
    Buttsketeer
    Rob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ADR
    Posts
    47,634

    So who likes snails? I think they're great.

    Shame I don't know where to buy them and the ones on my lawn have died from poison.


    Thanks Bob (my father)

  11. #71
    {SAVR}
    Shaggydoo's Avatar

    Country
    This is Shaggydoo's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    3,630

    Baked Lemon Pepper Bass (or any fish)

    Needed:

    Fish Fillets
    1-2 lemons
    Lemon Pepper seasoning
    Butter

    -----------------
    Start with as many or as few fillets of fish you have, soak them 10-30mins in slightly salted water.

    Cover the top rack of the oven with aluminum foil, poking a few small holes in it. Pre-heat to 350ish.

    Slice 1/2 of the lemons into thin slices, save the other half/halves.

    Rub lemon pepper seasoning on the fillets to taste.

    Thinly spread butter on the fillets.

    Squeeze remaining lemon/s juice on the fillets, then top with lemon slices.

    Thinly spread butter on the heated aluminum foil, then add the fillets.

    Cook till done. I never really time it due to the varying thickness of different fillets. Depending on fillet sizes it could be a pretty decent difference in cooking times.

    (Adding the lemon slices will prevent the top of the fish from browning, which I prefer, but if you like a less lemony, more browned fillet, leave it out, just squeeze the lemons on them.)

    This also works just as well, if not better, if you're grilling. :)

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_But_Wise View Post
    the skill is easy...its the tastebuds that are complicating things
    I blame it on the continental divide!

    Buttsketeer


  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggydoo View Post
    I need to throw some of my recipes in here.

    Anyone like fish, or grilled food? Those are my specialties.

    I like the sound of all the recipes in here except the pasta + cherries...sorry... But other than that, i'm going to probably try most, if not all of these.

    Yes, to both...I like fish and grilling is preferred in summer - standing over the stove does not pwn!

    Quote Originally Posted by Old_But_Wise View Post
    Post em up man....I like new things


    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    So who likes snails? I think they're great.

    Shame I don't know where to buy them and the ones on my lawn have died from poison.
    no, but I did like to pour salt on them when I was a kid and watch them dissolve. I just realized...I may have been a sadistical child.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggydoo View Post
    Baked Lemon Pepper Bass (or any fish)

    Needed:

    Fish Fillets
    1-2 lemons
    Lemon Pepper seasoning
    Butter

    -----------------
    Start with as many or as few fillets of fish you have, soak them 10-30mins in slightly salted water.

    Cover the top rack of the oven with aluminum foil, poking a few small holes in it. Pre-heat to 350ish.

    Slice 1/2 of the lemons into thin slices, save the other half/halves.

    Rub lemon pepper seasoning on the fillets to taste.

    Thinly spread butter on the fillets.

    Squeeze remaining lemon/s juice on the fillets, then top with lemon slices.

    Thinly spread butter on the heated aluminum foil, then add the fillets.

    Cook till done. I never really time it due to the varying thickness of different fillets. Depending on fillet sizes it could be a pretty decent difference in cooking times.

    (Adding the lemon slices will prevent the top of the fish from browning, which I prefer, but if you like a less lemony, more browned fillet, leave it out, just squeeze the lemons on them.)

    This also works just as well, if not better, if you're grilling. :)
    I like lemon pepper on my fish and never put squeezed lemon on my fish cause I thought it was "unnatural", but shit I discovered, it's pretty damn yummy! thanks for posting, btw...

    postscript...multiquoting ftw!
    Buttsketeer


  14. #74
    {SAVR}
    Shaggydoo's Avatar

    Country
    This is Shaggydoo's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    3,630

    Not really a 'bachelor's' recipe, but it's fairly easy if you have the ingredients:

    Sausage & Rice Casserole:

    Needed:

    1 Bell Pepper (Green) chopped
    1 Onion chopped
    1/2 a stick of butter
    1.5-2lbs of mild sausage (cooked and drained)
    1 box of Long Grain Wild Rice (I prefer Uncle Ben's Original flavor)
    1 can Cream of Celery/Broccoli soup (Pick which one you think you'd prefer)
    1 can Cream of Mushroom soup.
    2 soup cans of water
    1 small to medium sized can of mushrooms
    1 cup (or more) of shredded Cheddar cheese

    Preheat oven to 350. Saute' the pepper and onion with butter, then drain. Add the cooked sausage and remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture in a decent sized baking dish (I use a 9" x 13" dish). Bake at 350 for 1hr, check rice to see if it's done, if not cook and additional 15-30mins. SERVE IT UP!

    Credit goes to my grandma (RIP) for this one. I cooked this for the first time since she died yesterday and it's good.

  15. #75
    TFZ
    The Fire's Avatar

    Country
    This is The Fire's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    27,139

    Great thread, OBW!


    Ninjabros World Tour Participants:
    ChuteFoxe
    Sean Damon
    Rory
    TBA
    Xhale
    Oddtopsy
    Che
    Dr. Bob
    40 Oz
    Mary Jane
    Chickenjorge
    Blunt Object
    Narben
    Axeman
    Bruce Lee
    Squirrel
    God
    Dozi
    MMAsterkillah
    Wandy4LIFE
    mytime321
    Tmons420
    King Cuntzia
    Odin
    Dr. Katz
    bphunk
    LanceSurethrust

  16. #76
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    Biscuits and Gravy

    1 lb. pork sausage
    1 med. onion
    5 tbsp. all-purpose flour
    4 c. milk
    1/4 tsp. nutmeg
    salt and pepper to taste
    Worcestershire sauce to taste
    hot pepper sauce to taste
    1- Grands Jumbo bisquits (8)


    Cook the sausage and onion over medium-low heat, stirring to break it into small chunks and the onion is soft.

    Discard all fat/grease but about 3 tbsp. drippings.

    Sprinkle the flour over the sausage and onions until they're coated. Continue to cook and stir until the flour is golden-brown. This should take only a few minutes.

    Add the milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.

    Cook and stir for a few minutes until the gravy has thickened.

    Taste to adjust the seasonings. You might want to add more hot pepper sauce. Set the pan aside, covered and kept warm over low heat.

    Bake biscuits according to package directions.
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  17. #77
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    Honey-Glazed Chicken Breasts

    3-boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 3/4 lb)
    1/3 cup orange juice
    1/3 cup honey
    1 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/8 teaspoon salt

    Spray 8x8-inch pan with cooking spray. Place chicken in pan.

    Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.

    Cover with foil; bake 20 minutes at 375. Turn chicken bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.

    Serves 3 ...Add baked potatoes and veggies to complete meal.
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  18. #78
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fire View Post
    Great thread, OBW!
    Thanks man...Lemme know what you like if you try them...

    Post some up too...I like to try others recipes as well.
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  19. #79
    Buttsketeer
    Rob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ADR
    Posts
    47,634

    Quote Originally Posted by Old_But_Wise View Post
    Honey-Glazed Chicken Breasts

    3-boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 3/4 lb)
    1/3 cup orange juice
    1/3 cup honey
    1 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/8 teaspoon salt

    Spray 8x8-inch pan with cooking spray. Place chicken in pan.

    Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.

    Cover with foil; bake 20 minutes at 375. Turn chicken bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.

    Serves 3 ...Add baked potatoes and veggies to complete meal.
    So this is for a threesome huh? Very nice OBW.


    Thanks Bob (my father)

  20. #80
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    So this is for a threesome huh? Very nice OBW.
    You are the quick one Rob...I figured someone would surely ask why 3 lol...Nice job and that deserves a rep...
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •