Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 116

Thread: OBW"S RECIPES FOR THE BACHELORS

  1. #21
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    BEEF STEW:

    12 oz beef broth
    1.5 lbs round steak (cubed)
    1.5 cups carrots (diced large)
    4 Med potatoes (diced)
    1 med. onion (diced)
    1 tbls minced garlic
    1 15oz can diced tomatoes
    2 stalks celery diced
    1 cup frozen corn
    1 cup frozen peas
    2 cups v-8 juice
    1 tsp oregano
    1 bay leaf
    1 tsp basil
    1 tbls worcheshire sauce
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/2 pkg beef stew seasoning
    salt to taste
    3 tbls olive oil


    Brown onions,garlic,round steak,& seasonings(except stew seasoning).In soup pan combine remaining ingredients except frozen corn and peas. Drain and add meat mixture.
    Bring to a boil and simmer 2 hrs. add frozen vegetables and cook an additional 20 mins.
    Serve with cornbread.

    Serves 3-5 ppl
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  2. #22
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    MOM AND POP POTATOES:

    1 bag hash brown shredded potatoes
    1/4 cup melted butter
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp pepper
    1/2 tsp oregano
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup chopped celery
    1/4 cup chopped green pepper
    1/2 can cream of celery soup
    1/2 pint sour creme
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

    Topping:
    1 cup crushed corn flakes
    1/4 cup melted butter

    Defrost potatoes. Combine butter,salt,pepper,oregano,soup and sour creme.Combine potatoes,onion,celery.green pepper and mix with the other mixture. Pour into 3 qt casserole
    dish. Mix cornflakes and butter for topping and spread on potatoe mixture.

    Bake 1 hr at 350. Serves 4
    Last edited by Old_But_Wise; 06-23-2009 at 03:43 AM.
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  3. #23
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    BREAKFAST EGG CASSEROLE:

    6 slices white bread torn into pieces
    1 cup sausage,cooked and drained
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    12 eggs
    1 cup milk
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper

    In a greased 13x9 casserole dish spread bread in bottom and add meat and cheese.Beat eggs,milk,salt,pepper and pour over bread mixture.

    Bake 40-45 mins at 350 Serves 6
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  4. #24
    Boxing Troll
    ItBurnzWhenIP's Avatar

    Country
    This is ItBurnzWhenIP's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Conspiring to help K-1 rule the world
    Posts
    19,509

    I am unable to make any of these at the moment... But i am still following them
    #1 DIEGO "CHICO" CORRALES NUTHUGGER FOR ETERNITY!!

    "GIMME ONE ROUND!"
    -Chico

    Refusing to subscribe to the crap posting revolution

    According to a BMA study around 82% of men who took part in the vicious fights were gay before they started and another 12% became gay during their first fight.

    The remaining 6% took part in cage fighting because they wanted to beat up gay men.

  5. #25
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    I'll keep posting them...
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_But_Wise View Post
    BREAKFAST EGG CASSEROLE:

    6 slices white bread torn into pieces
    1 cup sausage,cooked and drained
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    12 eggs
    1 cup milk
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper

    In a greased 13x9 casserole dish spread bread in bottom and add meat and cheese.Beat eggs,milk,salt,pepper and pour over bread mixture.

    Bake 40-45 mins at 350 Serves 6
    I have a breakfast casserole dish similar and always wanted a good one with egg in it so, thanks...I'm gonna try this.

    The recipe I have calls for pie crust for the bottom and top layer but what I loooooove about it is the nacho cheese soup that goes in it...it's got a nice kick and mmmmmm, yummy!

    Buttsketeer


  7. #27
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    Quote Originally Posted by YouSlayMe View Post
    I have a breakfast casserole dish similar and always wanted a good one with egg in it so, thanks...I'm gonna try this.

    The recipe I have calls for pie crust for the bottom and top layer but what I loooooove about it is the nacho cheese soup that goes in it...it's got a nice kick and mmmmmm, yummy!

    This is a quick 1....I usually add veggies...Use any you like...I love onion,green pepper.Japelano, ect...

    Post yours up so I may try.....
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_But_Wise View Post
    This is a quick 1....I usually add veggies...Use any you like...I love onion,green pepper.Japelano, ect...

    Post yours up so I may try.....
    no veggies in my eggs, but the hubby would gobble all that shit up! :)

    sure thing on posting the recipe. On another note, I was thinking about the cinnamon in the chile again over the weekend. I made cinnamon rolls (yums) and realized just how "hot" cinnamon is when you don't add sugar...I bet it does fire up that chili! :)

    Buttsketeer


  9. #29
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    Luvs me cinny rolls....great breakfest with oatmeal...
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  10. #30
    SAUSAGE CASSEROLE

    2 lb. sausage - cooked, drained and crumbled to preferred size
    1 pkg. pie crusts (rollout kind, in the diary...not the frozen)
    2 cans Campbells Nacho Cheese

    Preheat oven to 375 and place one pie crust in bottom of 13 X 9 pan. Mix the sausage with the two cans of nacho soup, pour into pan and cover with 2nd crust. Bake approximately 25-30 minutes.

    I usually make scrambled eggs with this, so I will definitely try your recipe, O_B_Wan. i experimented with eggs once with this one, but the texture didn't quite come out :(

    Buttsketeer


  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyums View Post
    Billyums Italian Chicken

    4 chicken breasts
    2 zucchini squash
    1 onion
    1 pkg mushrooms
    3 bell peppers (go with red or yellow)
    1 package farfalla noodles
    1 bottle zesty italian dressing
    pepper/salt to taste
    Pre heat oven to 375

    1. Wash and prepare vegs, I slice the squash into 1.5" strips, cut the onions in rings, slice the mushrooms, and bell peppers.
    2. Wash and cut chicken into bite size cubes.
    3. Put all into a glass baking dish and pour on 1/2 bottle of zesty italian dressing.
    4. Put in pre-heated oven, bake for 25 minutes.
    5. Boil farfalla noodles while chicken & vegs bake.
    6. Drain and butter noodles.
    7. Once chicken is done serve on noodles. Makes 6 servings.

    I ate this a ton in my college days.
    Red or yellow bell peppers instead of the green ones, wild bill...there that much difference? mmmm, but this sounds pretty awesome cause I use italian dressing sometimes when I bake chicken ad I eat white meat like chicken and pork much as I can...not so much the beef.
    Buttsketeer


  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyums View Post
    There is definitely a difference in the flavors of bell peppers, especially in this dish. I have used green, but they seem to lose their flavor and become overpowered by the dressing.


    mmm, then I shall try it with the red...never have seen yellow peppers before. thanx, doll...

    Buttsketeer


  13. #33
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    Quote Originally Posted by YouSlayMe View Post


    mmm, then I shall try it with the red...never have seen yellow peppers before. thanx, doll...

    usually you can pick up red,yellow,and green in a 3 pack....My taste for red and yellow is they are a bit sweeter then green and as Bill said green lose flavor and become a bit of mush....
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  14. #34
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyums View Post
    Billyums Italian Chicken

    4 chicken breasts
    2 zucchini squash
    1 onion
    1 pkg mushrooms
    3 bell peppers (go with red or yellow)
    1 package farfalla noodles
    1 bottle zesty italian dressing
    pepper/salt to taste
    Pre heat oven to 375

    1. Wash and prepare vegs, I slice the squash into 1.5" strips, cut the onions in rings, slice the mushrooms, and bell peppers.
    2. Wash and cut chicken into bite size cubes.
    3. Put all into a glass baking dish and pour on 1/2 bottle of zesty italian dressing.
    4. Put in pre-heated oven, bake for 25 minutes.
    5. Boil farfalla noodles while chicken & vegs bake.
    6. Drain and butter noodles.
    7. Once chicken is done serve on noodles. Makes 6 servings.

    I ate this a ton in my college days.
    sounds really good....I also have used Italian dressing as a marinade on chicken and pork before grilling...
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

  15. #35
    Buttsketeer
    Rob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ADR
    Posts
    47,634

    I should offer one of my recipes.

    After frying up your bacon do not clean your pan but let the fat turn into lard over a couple of hours. Return to said frying pan with a piece of bread, rub all over the pan until you are satisfied with the spread thickness. Then season with salt to taste.


    Thanks Bob (my father)

  16. #36
    Ninjabro
    stupidMonKey's Avatar

    Country
    This is stupidMonKey's Country Flag

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    6,656

    Good thread. I needed to get some groceries. Now I know what to buy.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_But_Wise View Post
    usually you can pick up red,yellow,and green in a 3 pack....My taste for red and yellow is they are a bit sweeter then green and as Bill said green lose flavor and become a bit of mush....
    thanks, sweetums! I may have just not noticed the yellow before, but do know I usually buy green and have seen the red too.

    Buttsketeer


  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I should offer one of my recipes.

    After frying up your bacon do not clean your pan but let the fat turn into lard over a couple of hours. Return to said frying pan with a piece of bread, rub all over the pan until you are satisfied with the spread thickness. Then season with salt to taste.
    lol...Rob, stop eating lard! oh, who am I kidding, I know you wouldn't put that shit in your mouth. :)

    Buttsketeer


  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyums View Post
    There is also an orange variety, I normally buy red, yellow, and orange in 3 pack.
    oops, then I think that's the one I've seen cause it's an orange color so I just assumed it was what would have been the red. lol, ugh, I didn't realize how stupid I am at this shit! I kinda do the same with bell peppers that I do with onions though...I like them, but they don't like me. They make me have fart blossoms.

    Buttsketeer


  20. #40
    You Cant Handle The Truth


    Country
    This is Old_But_Wise's Country Flag

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,342

    Quote Originally Posted by YouSlayMe View Post
    oops, then I think that's the one I've seen cause it's an orange color so I just assumed it was what would have been the red. lol, ugh, I didn't realize how stupid I am at this shit! I kinda do the same with bell peppers that I do with onions though...I like them, but they don't like me. They make me have fart blossoms.

    Try the white onions Slay(Hotness) or the red onions....I like the red ones because they are much sweeter...They go best with cucumbers and vinegar with basil and Mrs Dash...Quick but enjoyable salad on a hot day...
    On "Any Given Sunday" Remember The Titan" R.I.P. Steve "AIR" McNair

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •