Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punching bag question

Ninjabro

Country
    This is mg_productions's Country Flag

Blog Entries

Punching bag question

Hey guys,I'm not really a boxer but I love boxing in place for a workout.I recently bought one and hung it up in the garage.

My question is,do you guys think it'll be ok hanging from the garage ceiling?I kind of wanted to buy a stand but didn't want to throw another hundred bucks on top of what we paid.I figure someone here can give me some info.

It's a 70 pound Everlast.Just hung it up like,3 hours ago and it seems fine and solid,I'm just a lil timid to go out and have at it.Used a stud finder to make sure we nailed the bitch.

Any info would be appreciated.

http://mystichanel-vbp.com/?p=1019

Led by its irascible president, foul-mouthed ex-aerobics instructor Dana White, the UFC has turned the blood sport into a global spectacle-Time Magazine

Meh.

Country
    This is Dr. Bob {ADR}'s Country Flag

I hung mine from the garage rafters.

Works just fine. Been there for a year.
    Rob has amazing science!!!!!

ADR forever.

CARPE NOCTEM

Huntington Beach

Country
    This is ANWAR's Country Flag

i got two bags as a bday gift.... i am not sure how to hang it.... i ended up leaving the long banana bag standing against the wall just to play with lowkicks. the small 100 lb bag i leave on the floor and i pretend i am clay guida.....

X Guard

Country
    This is mullard's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mg_productions View Post
    Hey guys,I'm not really a boxer but I love boxing in place for a workout.I recently bought one and hung it up in the garage.

My question is,do you guys think it'll be ok hanging from the garage ceiling?I kind of wanted to buy a stand but didn't want to throw another hundred bucks on top of what we paid.I figure someone here can give me some info.

It's a 70 pound Everlast.Just hung it up like,3 hours ago and it seems fine and solid,I'm just a lil timid to go out and have at it.Used a stud finder to make sure we nailed the bitch.

Any info would be appreciated.
    I kindof had the same problem when I bought my heavy bag. I hung it up with one of the screw/hook things that are usually used to hold a pot and plant, but the screw broke within a few days. If you are worried about one of the trusses breaking, that shouldn't be an issue, but finding something to screw through the drywall into a stud/truss and is sturdy enough to handle the hard hits are delivered to the punching bag will be the problem from my personnel experience.

I just ended up having to buy a lighter bag, because my first bag was too heavy.

Next UFC Middleweight Champion

Boxing Troll

Country
    This is ItBurnzWhenIP's Country Flag

If you have it from a truss in the ceiling via a chain or rope it will be fine. If you're paranoid just don't knee it from underneath so the rope/chain goes slack then drops with force. Other than that its fine.
    #1 DIEGO "CHICO" CORRALES NUTHUGGER FOR ETERNITY!!

"GIMME ONE ROUND!"
    -Chico

Refusing to subscribe to the crap posting revolution

According to a BMA study around 82% of men who took part in the vicious fights were gay before they started and another 12% became gay during their first fight.

The remaining 6% took part in cage fighting because they wanted to beat up gay men.

just hang it with a chain

i have had mine for 3 years hanging from the rafters in my garage

pretty much anything thats strong and above your head is fine.

Ninjabro

Country

Blog Entries

Hard to believe I bought it 2 months ago.It's been working fine since I put it up.The only problem I have now is fucking up my hands.lol.

Led by its irascible president, foul-mouthed ex-aerobics instructor Dana White, the UFC has turned the blood sport into a global spectacle-Time Magazine

Boxing Troll

Country

*calcium and magnesium supplements*

"GIMME ONE ROUND!"
    -Chico

According to a BMA study around 82% of men who took part in the vicious fights were gay before they started and another 12% became gay during their first fight.

The remaining 6% took part in cage fighting because they wanted to beat up gay men.

Meh.

Country
    This is Dr. Bob {ADR}'s Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ItBurnzWhenIP View Post
    *calcium and magnesium supplements*
    Or bag gloves.
    Rob has amazing science!!!!!

ADR forever.

CARPE NOCTEM

Sommelier

Country
    This is GoatCheese's Country Flag

70 pounds is heavy man.. make sure you wrap your hands properly before you rape it.
    I broke my hands nicely hitting a 45 pound bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bob {ADR} View Post
    I hung mine from the garage rafters.

Works just fine. Been there for a year.
    Same here. I've had 3 up on the same beam over the past few years.

Ninjabro

Country

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcard View Post
    70 pounds is heavy man.. make sure you wrap your hands properly before you rape it.
    I broke my hands nicely hitting a 45 pound bag.
    Thanks for the advice.I have the gloves that came with it.It came with hand wraps but it seems like a hassle to do all that when I'm not really Tyson with power uknow?

Another question though.How do you wash the gloves?I would think I could put them in the washer but it seems like that will fuck them up.Just asking some folks that have experience.

Boxing Troll

Country

you don't need any gloves - don't be a pus

"GIMME ONE ROUND!"
    -Chico

Sommelier

Country

Gloves alone wont protect your hands MG. You really have to wear wrappings before you wear your bag hitting gloves. Without wrappings your gonna break your wrist sooner or later.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXicGlEX2IQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXicGlEX2IQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sommelier

Country

Once you injure your wrist its gonna take more than 3 months to heal it, just keep that in mind. Because there's little blood flow in the wrist area.

Ninjabro

Country

Blog Entries

Thanks for scaring the shit out of me.lol.Ok,I'll start using wraps.But how to I wash my gloves?

Btw,I have fucked up my wrist a couple of times.Enough to says,"Ouch" and then I start punching like Malignacci.*a bitch*

Buttsketeer

Good move deciding to use hand wraps. I don't wash my gloves I just let them dry naturally and air out.

Thanks Bob (my father)

Sommelier

Country

I never washed my gloves before lol. I usually just wash the sweaty hand wraps.