Thread: anyone put tension bands on their weights?

Daniel

Country
    This is ninjashoes's Country Flag

Blog Entries

anyone put tension bands on their weights?

The End of Days Podcast is hosted by Resin and Ninjashoes
    Check out EndofDaysRadio.com or click here to listen

WAR Mitch Clarke!

badass

Country
    This is deegs's Country Flag

no, but i once put one in my anal cavity. it was nice, but pulled some hair off.

badass

Country
    This is deegs's Country Flag

anywho, they are usually used to help with the lockout of a lift. since it gets harder as the band stretches. <-- only worthwhile if you are overloading the weight.

Fuck Chops

Country
    This is kronker's Country Flag

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlDWdfTAx8o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlDWdfTAx8o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    "“I am the way that I am, but I always remember that the harder a person gets, the more it hurts to fall down. That’s why I think about all the results (that come from) what I do in a calm way. Also, I try to treat all people the same way. We’re all human beings, with two arms, two legs and all of us are equal in front of God.”
    -Fedor Emelianenko

suum cuique

Country
    This is sportfrei's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ninjashoes View Post
    not on my weights but I use them for bodyweight training. my pullups improved a lot from it.
    I wrap the bands around my shoulders and have my training partner to hold them down.
    only problem is that you always need a training partner to hold the bands. but other then that it is a great way to train.

Citizen Cope

Country
    This is Zere's Country Flag

tension bands are stupid. when you use them you dont get peak resistance untill you are fully flexed on the excercise, essentially you are training a movement you will pretty much never use. just as an example think about the curl, is it useful to have peak resistance when you are fully flexed? no. you want to train resistance like the midway point. weights are tons better.

p.s. - suck it
    Ninjashoes 2008 Chess Champion.
    Ninjashoes 2008 Fantasy Football Champion.

FREE MONEY!!!

you sign up, get 10 free cents to bet on all kinds of sports, get to 20 dollars you can cash out real money. If you lose the 10 cents they give you 10 more cents for free.

http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=182035

Citizen Cope

Country

you want peak resistance throughout the movement i guess is my point.

FREE MONEY!!!

you sign up, get 10 free cents to bet on all kinds of sports, get to 20 dollars you can cash out real money. If you lose the 10 cents they give you 10 more cents for free.

Uninspirational

Country
    This is Radar's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zere View Post
    tension bands are stupid. when you use them you dont get peak resistance untill you are fully flexed on the excercise, essentially you are training a movement you will pretty much never use. just as an example think about the curl, is it useful to have peak resistance when you are fully flexed? no. you want to train resistance like the midway point. weights are tons better.

p.s. - suck it
    Bands don't just "click in" - they provide a variable resistance throughout the range of a movement, so you should stfu now

...and NO I don't use tension bands, but I do have 4 X 15kg anchor chains that I use for accomodating resistance training. The bro got them from his work for nowt, and a couple of two-dollar hooks keeps them on the bar.

I normally throw them in every other workout at home, starting with the chain, then adding weight per set.

...I also use tubing and a belt to wrap around the clothlesine out back and do short sprints, bearcrawls etc.

Citizen Cope

Country

sure they provide resistance throughout, just like weights. but point is the max resistance is when the band is stretched more which is end of movement

FREE MONEY!!!