Thread: focus pad drills

putty patroler

Country
    This is Cameron's Country Flag

focus pad drills

i was just wondering if you guys could help me out and give me some drills to work the focus pads with. i have the pads and a budy to hold them i just dont know that many different drills to do with them. any sites or vids or just drills in general?
    wrestling record 14-6-0 (12 pin wins)
    bjj record 33-18-0 (31 sub wins)

R.I.P Evan Tanner

SHOGUN SUPPORTER FOR LIFE THAT MAN IS MY HERO

Title: How To Hit The Punch Mitts
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=19IE8GPP

"Bingo! how funnn!!"

putty patroler

Country

thanks bro

R.I.P Evan Tanner

Mask's Cock = Yummy

Country
    This is TapOut136's Country Flag

From personal experience, I can tell you that hitting pads held by an inexperienced person or hitting pads without knowing what you're doing is equally pointless. Focus mitts are a coaching tool used to integrate elements of offense and defense, strategy, and footwork. If neither of you can teach or correct the other you're simply wasting time and developing bad habits. This should be concerning if you're at all serious about boxing or fighting. The best advice is to find someone that knows what they are doing, or simply hit the heavy bag.

putty patroler

Country

that is an issue of worry but this is the situation im in. i did high school wrestling for 2 years and have been doing bjj for a year and a half i cant aford to do bjj and boxing. and neither can my budy. so he has been doing boxing for a year and we teach eachother. theres no mma gyms in my area so we just teach eachother shit. so hes not a complete noob im just trying to get more tips and as much help as possible.

R.I.P Evan Tanner

Banned or Dead

Country
    This is JoeboCop's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    that is an issue of worry but this is the situation im in. i did high school wrestling for 2 years and have been doing bjj for a year and a half i cant aford to do bjj and boxing. and neither can my budy. so he has been doing boxing for a year and we teach eachother. theres no mma gyms in my area so we just teach eachother shit. so hes not a complete noob im just trying to get more tips and as much help as possible.
    If anything you can work on your basics such as a simple 1-2 combo. Practice throwing your jab and right cross with proper foot work on a moving target. Focus on your breathing technique as well to improve your stamina since it is essential. I wouldn't try to get into anything too technical for the reasons stated above.

putty patroler

Country

Quote Originally Posted by JoeboCop View Post
    If anything you can work on your basics such as a simple 1-2 combo. Practice throwing your jab and right cross with proper foot work on a moving target. Focus on your breathing technique as well to improve your stamina since it is essential. I wouldn't try to get into anything too technical for the reasons stated above.
    this makes a lot of sense ill try that then thanks.

R.I.P Evan Tanner