Thread: injuries?

Rape Choke Inc. Est. 1986

Country
    This is Narbegesicht's Country Flag

injuries?

what is the most messed up you have been because of grappling?

anything you have to just deal with and keep training?

anything that put you out for a long time?

anything that just bugs you?

i wanna know

mine are

a fucked up rotator cuff that i've had for over a year, my right knee feels stiff every time i train, i had a nasty back injury where my whole back spasmed at the same time. my right forearm got put in a bicep slicer and since i thought i was safe i didn't tap. now i can't put too much pressure cause it feels like it will break in half. but the worst are my elbows, i got put into sooooo many fucking armbars that i have the elbows of a 74 year old arthritis ridden man.

lol i just got my ankle popped not an hour after i made this thread feels ok but ouch
    Last edited by Narbegesicht; 02-13-2008 at 04:52 AM.

Then stop grappling, if its that bad.

"Bingo! how funnn!!"

TFZ

Country
    This is The Fire's Country Flag

Hey Narb! I think you and I have discussed this.

-Torn Anterior horn of the meniscus in my left knee. Been putting off surgery for a year. Just ice it down after training and deal with the pain, clicks and thuds.
    -Dislocated Right Shoulder. Not a BJJ injury, but my bum right shoulder affects my rolling and gets jacked up training every month or two.
    -Screw in my left wrist. Again, not a BJJ injury but a chronic lifetime one that is constantly aggravated by my training. My right wrist is pretty beat up as well - so much so that sometimes the pain in my wrists makes my funny bones in my elbows hurt and my hands go numb. The years of typing, video games and guitar and bass playing have not helped either. Fuck...I'm going to wind up with carpel tunnel syndrome on top of this shit...
    -Got the shit torqued out of my shoulder about a month ago and it is just starting to feel normal now - hopefully this one goes away.

Back, elbows and neck are good so far...knock on wood. It's the knees, wrists and shoulders that are fucked for me.

Ninjabros World Tour Participants:
    ChuteFoxe
    Sean Damon
    Rory
    TBA
    Xhale
    Oddtopsy
    Che
    Dr. Bob
    40 Oz
    Mary Jane
    Chickenjorge
    Blunt Object
    Narben
    Axeman
    Bruce Lee
    Squirrel
    God
    Dozi
    MMAsterkillah
    Wandy4LIFE
    mytime321
    Tmons420
    King Cuntzia
    Odin
    Dr. Katz
    bphunk
    LanceSurethrust

It's Timmmmmmmme!!

Country
    This is jukeboxhero's Country Flag

Probably the stupidest thing I've ever done was not tap to an armbar and tear ligaments in my elbow. Its healed now, and was a costly lesson to learn.

Other than that, my back bugs me a little bit. I try to stay in good shape, and eat healthy, and take lots of vitamins. This helps me avoid injuries, other than of course tapping from a submission!

Country

Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Zouave View Post
    Hey Narb! I think you and I have discussed this.

-Torn Anterior horn of the meniscus in my left knee. Been putting off surgery for a year. Just ice it down after training and deal with the pain, clicks and thuds.
    -Dislocated Right Shoulder. Not a BJJ injury, but my bum right shoulder affects my rolling and gets jacked up training every month or two.
    -Screw in my left wrist. Again, not a BJJ injury but a chronic lifetime one that is constantly aggravated by my training. My right wrist is pretty beat up as well - so much so that sometimes the pain in my wrists makes my funny bones in my elbows hurt and my hands go numb. The years of typing, video games and guitar and bass playing have not helped either. Fuck...I'm going to wind up with carpel tunnel syndrome on top of this shit...
    -Got the shit torqued out of my shoulder about a month ago and it is just starting to feel normal now - hopefully this one goes away.

Back, elbows and neck are good so far...knock on wood. It's the knees, wrists and shoulders that are fucked for me.
    yeah i saw you in the shoute boxe earlier and asked about your shoulder and i got the idea to make a thread

also FUCK YOU VEN, please go swallow some bleach

Country
    This is Sloth's Country Flag

I've been lucky to have not broken anything or done anything requiring surgery. So far it's just been:

Cartilage popped in two ribs (seperate occasions)
    Torn stuff in my neck from getting stacked and neck cranks
    Busted fingers and toes

I had other stuff, like my knees were messed up, elbows, tendonitis in my shoulders etc...but I started doing a lot of yoga a couple of years ago and taking glucosamine and chondroitin and I haven't felt any pain since.

Certified Gangsta

Country
    This is Hammafist's Country Flag

lets see my injury list is long

wrestling:
    dislocated elbow- that was the nastiest shit ever to happen my elbow was backwards after getting suplayed in a greco tourny
    torn miniscus & LCL- i was seeded 2nd in the county and tore my miniscus and LCL in my 1st match of the day and i ended up taking fucking up and taking 5th
    broken nose- i broke my nose 7 times and had plastic surgery done from blocking shots with my face
    broken orbital- momst painful shit ever from scumbag head butting me
    numerous cauliflower ear surgerys to fix that shit gotta stay pretty

lacrosse (i was a goalie):
    broke both hands every finger both feet and all toes from rediculous shot bouncin off me

BJJ:
    torn ligament in elbow and ankle
    torn lower abdominal muscle (this was one of the worst)
    1 cauliflower ear surgery
    i'm not a businessman,
    i'm a business, man

The one who doesnít fall doesnít stand up

Dislocated rib
    herniated discs in thoracic and lumbar spine
    cervical spine is out of aligment
    had my knee popped from a heel hook but it healed fine with no lasting injury.
    As long as I stay active I don't have many problems.

It's Timmmmmmmme!!

Country

StuntDouble - Blocking shots with your face?!?! haha, My lil bro does that and comes home after every match like he's been in a fight. He actually got knocked out during a match from a shot to the jaw.

definitely me knees....

I've been pretty lucky; tore my groin somethin fierce, tore my rotator cough on my right shoulder, and rolled my ankles. Oh yeah, and I had these muscle spasms in my thumbs. I got some acupuncture work done and they healed right up.

Narb, it's hard to do, but you gotta rest yourself, and give your rotator cuff time to heal properly.

Certified Gangsta

Country
    This is Hammafist's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nicm125 View Post
    StuntDouble - Blocking shots with your face?!?! haha, My lil bro does that and comes home after every match like he's been in a fight. He actually got knocked out during a match from a shot to the jaw.
    i had an old school hard nosed coach, who ironically was mark kerrs roommate in college, he taught us the first defense is your head then ur hands then ur elbows then you sprawl

lol but i always tucked my chin when i was defending
    i'm not a businessman,
    i'm a business, man

The one who doesnít fall doesnít stand up

It's Timmmmmmmme!!

Country

I hear ya. I've heard head, hands, and elbows probably thousands of times.

Country

Quote Originally Posted by Stunt_Double_119 View Post
    i had an old school hard nosed coach, who ironically was mark kerrs roommate in college, he taught us the first defense is your head then ur hands then ur elbows then you sprawl

lol but i always tucked my chin when i was defending
    oil check FTW