Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Krav Maga . . .

Krav Maga . . .

just wondering what do u think about krav mega, i dont know a shit about this martial art (well its not a martial art) its a self defense system form israel....

i google about it and notice that its good, u train striking and something kind a submissions. they just opened a school of krav mega near my house, so thats why i would like to read your opinions abot krav mega..

Gina Carano =P

Country
    This is Cung-Le's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mexvale View Post
    just wondering what do u think about krav mega, i dont know a shit about this martial art (well its not a martial art) its a self defense system form israel....

i google about it and notice that its good, u train striking and something kind a submissions. they just opened a school of krav mega near my house, so thats why i would like to read your opinions abot krav mega..
    i'm pretty sure human weapon did an ep on it....check it out in the stash

Gina Carano =P

Country
    This is Cung-Le's Country Flag

P.S: 1800!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boxing Troll

Country
    This is ItBurnzWhenIP's Country Flag

Krav Maga is a good self defense system because its supposed to kick in involuntarily. Which is important if you aren't much for keeping your cool in a sketchy situation.
    #1 DIEGO "CHICO" CORRALES NUTHUGGER FOR ETERNITY!!

"GIMME ONE ROUND!"
    -Chico

Refusing to subscribe to the crap posting revolution

According to a BMA study around 82% of men who took part in the vicious fights were gay before they started and another 12% became gay during their first fight.

The remaining 6% took part in cage fighting because they wanted to beat up gay men.

Ninjabro

Country
    This is K1__ng2's Country Flag

Its pretty intense, you should check out the human weapon episode

you need a ground background first...go with wrestling or bjj or even sambo...you get a different kind of strength with those sports...

www.xtreme-gx.com
    check it out!

Zindex and EvilMaster are my IDOLS!

A'TTT' - the AMERICAN TOP TEAM TAKEOVER!

Boxing Troll

Country

Quote Originally Posted by the mma miracle View Post
    you need a ground background first...go with wrestling or bjj or even sambo...you get a different kind of strength with those sports...
    Wrestling and BJJ are generally most useful in controlled sport environments. For self defense striking is generally more beneficial. Most street fights don't end up 1 on 1 and if you pull guard on somebody and search for an armbar you're apt to get your face stomped in.

"GIMME ONE ROUND!"
    -Chico

According to a BMA study around 82% of men who took part in the vicious fights were gay before they started and another 12% became gay during their first fight.

The remaining 6% took part in cage fighting because they wanted to beat up gay men.

TFZ

Country
    This is The Fire's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ItBurnzWhenIP View Post
    Wrestling and BJJ are generally most useful in controlled sport environments. For self defense striking is generally more beneficial. Most street fights don't end up 1 on 1 and if you pull guard on somebody and search for an armbar you're apt to get your face stomped in.
    That is why you either arm drag to a RNC or slap a quick guilotine on 'em.

Ninjabros World Tour Participants:
    ChuteFoxe
    Sean Damon
    Rory
    TBA
    Xhale
    Oddtopsy
    Che
    Dr. Bob
    40 Oz
    Mary Jane
    Chickenjorge
    Blunt Object
    Narben
    Axeman
    Bruce Lee
    Squirrel
    God
    Dozi
    MMAsterkillah
    Wandy4LIFE
    mytime321
    Tmons420
    King Cuntzia
    Odin
    Dr. Katz
    bphunk
    LanceSurethrust

Fedor = No Protests

Country
    This is Perko's Country Flag

ive heard its insanely dangerous

Supporting Pride since 1997

Check Out My Ninjashoes MMA Calendar: http://ninjashoes.net/forum/calendar.php
    Check Out the Full Event Archive: http://ninjashoes.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21109

Krav Maga in the US is not the same as Krav Maga in Israel. I did a Krav Maga open class thingy a while back. Got sent there by my security company. It was shit. Typical watered down for the public martial art.
    ADR FOREVER

Boxing Troll

Country

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Persons View Post
    Krav Maga in the US is not the same as Krav Maga in Israel. I did a Krav Maga open class thingy a while back. Got sent there by my security company. It was shit. Typical watered down for the public martial art.
    True our military's L.I.N.E.s wouldn't be taught in a public venue either due to the way its used. Block arm. Rip testicles down. Sweep. Crush skull or airway with stomp.

"GIMME ONE ROUND!"
    -Chico

Boxing Troll

Country

Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Zouave View Post
    That is why you either arm drag to a RNC or slap a quick guilotine on 'em.
    Well most people know how to do a guillotine now days anyways but yah in that regards. And when you get really good its also useful. My buddy pulled a fuckin flying armbar in a fight with some drunk dude at a party. Snapped his shit like a twig.

"GIMME ONE ROUND!"
    -Chico

Quote Originally Posted by ItBurnzWhenIP View Post
    True our military's L.I.N.E.s wouldn't be taught in a public venue either due to the way its used. Block arm. Rip testicles down. Sweep. Crush skull or airway with stomp.
    Werd. The place I went was the East Coast headquarters for Krav Maga too. I expected a little better, but meh. It was a workout at the least.
    ADR FOREVER

Warrior of the Wasteland!

Country
    This is aussjj's Country Flag

Krav Maga has proven very effective for the military where you have to react very suddenly and in overwhelming fasion. That means it is probably also very effective for self-defense, but possibly too violent to really be a "defense".

Boxing Troll

Country

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Persons View Post
    Werd. The place I went was the East Coast headquarters for Krav Maga too. I expected a little better, but meh. It was a workout at the least.
    The founder of L.I.N.E.s is actually an extremely accredited martial artist holding the rank of 10th degree Judan and multiple other black belts. Hes also trained with the Machados and with Jacare amongst others. As L.I.N.E.s has been fazed out of the majority of the military's training because its sole focus is on killing the opponent the United States Army Special Forces has continued its teaching during the SFQC instructional phase.

As the surrounding area is Fayetteville N.C. its no wonder Hanshi Ronald Donvito has started his first actual school for the martial art version of L.I.N.E., complete with belts, has been started there.

Here is from the webpage. So if you really wanna be able to fuck people up hand to hand... Heres a martial art for you. Just don't be surprised if you land yourself in prison for stomping somebodies throat in.

This is now an officially recognized Martial Art.

Kobushi Sessen Jutsu:

Monday, Wednesday 6:00p-7:00p

Saturday 9:00a-10:00a

A system based on military close combat techniques used by elite military units

No sport applications

Based on the theory of causing permanent structural damage

ADULTS ONLY

Only authorized school to teach this system

Kobushi Sessen-Jutsu (Feudal Warrior Close Combat Art in English) is a martial art that was founded by Hanshi Donvito. Kobushi is a combination of traditional martial arts such as karate, judo, Japanese Jiu-jitsu, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and the close combat system ,also founded by Hanshi Donvito, the L.I.N.E.

For many years students have asked Hanshi Donvito why he hadnít made L.I.N.E. into a martial art. In 2000, after being responsible for the training of over 450,000 military personnel over the world, Hanshi Donvito sought the advice of O-sensei Phil Porter, president of the United States Martial Arts Association. O-Sensei Porter agreed with the many students that L.I.N.E. should become itís own martial art.

Kobushi Sessen-Jutsu is now recognized by the USMA as a legitimate martial art with Hanshi Donvito being recognized as Soke (founder) and promoted to 10th degree black belt.

CCI is the only school in the world that now teaches Kobushi. Hanshiís top student and long-time friend Hans Marrerro is authorized to teach Kobushi at his school in Arizona, but does not at this time. Hanshi is the only person authorized to promote to the rank of black belt in Kobushi.

Kobushi Sessen-Jutsu is an art with no sport applications. All techniques within the system are designed to cause permanent structural damage to the opponent with many techniques causing maiming or death.

The promotion system in Kobushi is unique in the fact that in order to be eligible for the rank of brown belt, the student must earn a black belt in karate, a black belt in Jiu-jitsu, and a blue belt in BJJ.

Although Kobushi can be studied by any adult, the system was designed to allow military personnel to earn their black belt while working on their close combat skills. For many years military personnel have spent numerous hours practicing close combat, but receiving no credit towards any martial art. Kobushi allows military personnel to train in the L.I.N.E. system for their units close combat training and to receive recognition for this training in the art of Kobushi

"GIMME ONE ROUND!"
    -Chico

Sneaky Fucker

Country
    This is Beets's Country Flag

i would go down to the class and check it out. see what the students are like and the teacher. if theres a lot of fat kids, guys in camoflage and the word "deadly" getting thrown about be sceptical.
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/db32m

Sneaky Fucker

Country
    This is Beets's Country Flag

then go join a boxing gym.. or thai boxing.
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/db32m

Whore Streets

Country
    This is xhale of the shoes's Country Flag

my cousins a krav maga yellow belt... (not jewish) he really enjoys it... its a step in a totally different direction as far as his wrestling background goes.. but he seems to like it...

plus its easier on his knees :)

That's many Krav Maga mcdojo out there and you need to be careul when looking for one in here.

Just from a very shallow observation of the art, a key technique seems to be the kick to the groin. Everybody underestimates the kick to the groin....