Minnesota State Fair Action

Lots of food going on:

Taco King

Cheese Curds

Most of it is on a stick

Bacon wrapped Turkey Tenderloin on a stick

Walleye on a stick

Cheesecake on a Stick
    Last edited by GOD; 09-04-2007 at 07:01 PM.

Banned or Dead

Fuck it
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l-5Lr2IhB_o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l-5Lr2IhB_o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Banned or Dead

Random Shits

Seed art

Butter Sculptures

Christmas Trees(WTF?)

Caricatures

Banned or Dead

Crowds
    Attendance:
    http://www.mnstatefair.org/pages/attendance.html

Most of which involve strollers

Which makes for lots of

Banned or Dead

TONS of garbage

This week, I spent some time with the Minnesota State Fair’s sanitation department (see, my interests go beyond money!).

You’ll have to read tomorrow’s story about what I learned.

Not included in the story are some of the stats that Brad, the fair’s sanitation manager, gave me. Like….

There are 2,125 trash barrels at the fair.

Last year, the fair produced 1,200 tons of garbage.

With 5 days to go, 500 tons of garbage have been collected this year. Brad hopes his big recycling push will reduce 2007’s total. Here’s a story my colleague Tom Meersman wrote about the fair’s waste-reducing efforts.

But I’ll say that when I spent a couple hours with the Grandstand night crew I cringed at the number of water bottles tossed in dumpsters.

The fair composted 12,000 yards of animal waste last year.The toilet paper used over the 12-day stretch could stretch from Key Largo to Seattle

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/kablog/?p=253

Banned or Dead

An International market

Aman style

I got a deck of cards and a "Polish Kitchen" magnet

Banned or Dead

Animals everywhere

this happened friday:

Bull meets its demise after a run through the crowd at State Fair

By Mary Lynn Smith and Maria Baca, Star Tribune

The running of the bulls was an unexpected feature event on Friday at the Minnesota State Fair.
    In a brief, frenzied moment, an angry bull charged through the fairgrounds, barreled past fairgoers, butted a faded red fire hydrant and died. No one was injured. And no damage was done to fair exhibits. "Even our fire hydrant is OK and good to go," said fair spokeswoman Brienna Schuette.

Usually, mornings are much quieter on the fairgrounds.

Leo Pritschet of Oakdale was daydreaming while he dished up Pronto Pups, Tim Radtke of Lakeville was serving Icees and Matt McClay of Shoreview was slinging hot dogs and fried onions.

But then the crowd parted. Shouts erupted. And there it was: a black bull careening down the street.

"He was trying to get away from something," Radtke said.

The bull looked to be headed right to McClay's Almost a Footlong Hot Dog Stand. Then he veered away.

Phew. That was close.

Fairgoers casually strolling the street ran and scattered.

"There were a lot of people on the grounds at that time because when I got to the scene there were about 250 people standing around the bull," said Steve Pooch, deputy general manager of competition at the fair.

Were they afraid?

"I would be," Pooch said. "You have a 1,600- to 1,700-pound animal running at you, you don't want to get in its way."

Saber, the 1-year-old bull, apparently had set his sights on a fairgoer, but the man jumped out of the way, Pooch said. Then the bull turned and saw the fire hydrant, across the street from the Midwest Dairy Association's All-You-Can-Drink Milk stand. "I guess he decided to take it out on the fire hydrant," Pooch said.

A veterinarian on the scene immediately checked for a heartbeat and found none. "I don't think he felt any pain," Pooch said.

Before his short visit to the State Fair on Friday, Saber had never been off the family farm in Morris, Minn.

"He was always fine at home," said Jim Wulf, Saber's owner. "He's been around the kids there every day."

Wulf has shown cattle at the fair for nearly 30 years, and none of his animals have ever made a break before. But Saber came out of the trailer angry. Maybe it was the three-hour drive from Morris. Maybe he was uneasy about being with so many people.

"Something got him excited," Wulf said. "People have to remember that fair animals are not pets. They need to be treated responsibly."

Saber shook loose from the halter as he was being led out of the trailer. He was gone in an instant, with 16-year-old Travis Wulf on his trail.

"You're pretty helpless in that situation," Jim Wulf said.

The bull run was a first for Pooch, who has worked with livestock at the fair for 30 years. But animal mishaps do happen. Every now and then an animal will die because it can't handle the stress of a truck ride or the commotion of the fair crowds. One year, a steer more accustomed to an air-conditioned barn keeled over from a heart attack. "It just couldn't take the heat or humidity," Pooch said.

And then there was the calf that jumped over the baby stroller. "It didn't hit the stroller but you just cringe when something like that happens," Pooch said.

Jim Wulf, who had hoped to show Saber in today's livestock competition and then put him on the market in the spring, likely is out $4,000 to $6,000. Saber's body was taken to the Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory at the University of Minnesota, where he was chemically cremated.

"It's a pretty good loss," Wulf "But were just so thankful that no one got hurt."

So is Pooch. "Bulls are replaceable

http://www.startribune.com/611/story/1394668.html

Whores

Goats(e)

Big Cock

Uhhh...

Teh Champ

Byrd

Banned or Dead

Random people
    some old guy

Me:"Rulerguy!..Lemme get a picture."
    Rulerguy:"uh..."

Banned or Dead

The Midway at night.

Rock action this year

Brad Paisley with special guests Jack Ingram, Kellie Pickler and Taylor Swift
    Thursday, Aug. 23, 7:30 p.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Goo Goo Dolls with special guests Lifehouse and Colbie Caillat
    Friday, Aug. 24, 7:30 p.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fergie with special guest Rooney
    Saturday, Aug. 25, 7:30 p.m.

Fountains of Wayne with special guest The Suicide Commandos - FREE SHOW!
    Sunday, Aug. 26, 7:30 p.m.

"Weird Al" Yankovic with special guest Tonic Sol-fa
    Monday, Aug. 27, 7:30 p.m.

The Allman Brothers Band with special guest Robert Randolph & the Family Band
    Tuesday, Aug. 28, 7 p.m.

Vince Gill Friends and Family Tour featuring Amy Grant and The Del McCoury Band
    Wednesday, Aug. 29, 7:30 p.m.

2007 B.B. King Blues Festival featuring Al Green and Etta James and her Roots Band
    Thursday, Aug. 30, 7 p.m.

MercyMe with special guest Aaron Shust
    Saturday, Sept. 1, 7:30 p.m.

Def Leppard with special guests STYX & Foreigner
    Monday, Sept. 3, 6:30 p.m.

I wanted to see Weird Al.

Half Dead and Dynamite

Country
    This is Squirrel's Country Flag

Cool too bad I could not go with you this year. Maybe next.

Banned or Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Cool too bad I could not go with you this year. Maybe next.
    4sho

Half Dead and Dynamite

Country

Christopher Lloyd Weber?

Banned or Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Christopher Lloyd Weber?

Shit ya bro,kinda has that crazy look in his eye like Todd from the bar.

Half Dead and Dynamite

Country

Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    Shit ya bro,kinda has that crazy look in his eye like Todd from the bar.
    Uyyyyy! Todd.

easy in the moonlight

Country
    This is Resin's Country Flag

Blog Entries

Killer pictures seems like a dream for someone who's very hungry

Country
    This is evzy's Country Flag

I hope someone caught the bull on camera... shit like that needs to be on youtube or its a total waste of the animals life..

Sneaky Fucker

Country
    This is Beets's Country Flag

i want some cheesecake on a stick
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/db32m

Sneaky Fucker

Country
    This is Beets's Country Flag

although i question the need for the stick
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/db32m

Banned or Dead

Quote Originally Posted by evzy View Post
    I hope someone caught the bull on camera... shit like that needs to be on youtube or its a total waste of the animals life..
    here's an interview
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vMecRbiJXFM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vMecRbiJXFM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>