Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TFZ, Axeman, and Bruce Lee Ninjabros Campfest 2007, with pics and vids!

PROBLEM?

Country
    This is Evil's Country Flag

Shit I couldn't have a fire so nevermind.
    ZERO FUCKS GIVEN

badass

Country
    This is deegs's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bob View Post
    Fire, can you possibly make it to Honeoye NY this weekend instead of Chautauqua?

Honeoye
    i could make it if i had a car and was able to legally cross the border

http://www.google.com/maps?daddr=Hon...70801&z=9&om=1

Meh.

Country
    This is Dr. Bob {ADR}'s Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Zouave View Post
    Uyyy, 303 miles, 5 hours and 6 mins from my neck of the woods. My flight from Florida does not even get into Pittsburgh until after 3pm on Saturday so it looks like I'd dive up, drink two beers, crash for a couple of hours and then have to drive home. I think we may have to take a raincheck on this one Doc
    's okay. We thought that might happen when we learned we weren't getting the cabin we thought we were. We are planning on going to that cabin on the last weekend in August or thereabouts. So we can plan that for whenever you are free.
    Rob has amazing science!!!!!

ADR forever.

CARPE NOCTEM

Fuck Chops

Country
    This is kronker's Country Flag

If you ever want to cross ye olde border to British Columbia the offer is there. Per state/province we have the most to do in the world! Kayaking, smoking weed downtown Van, hiking, canoeing, waterfalls, fucking offroading, ATV, dirtbking, clubbing, water skiiing on beautiful lakes, surfing in ocean, drinking real beer, hitting every ethnicity possible, whatever you want boys...

But seriously. The camping is fucking awesome here. Looks like you guys had a awesome time.
    "“I am the way that I am, but I always remember that the harder a person gets, the more it hurts to fall down. That’s why I think about all the results (that come from) what I do in a calm way. Also, I try to treat all people the same way. We’re all human beings, with two arms, two legs and all of us are equal in front of God.”
    -Fedor Emelianenko

King of the Videos

Country
    This is D.O.'s Country Flag

Sounds like a quality trip guy. Nice pics.

TFZ

Country
    This is The Fire's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kronker View Post
    If you ever want to cross ye olde border to British Columbia the offer is there. Per state/province we have the most to do in the world! Kayaking, smoking weed downtown Van, hiking, canoeing, waterfalls, fucking offroading, ATV, dirtbking, clubbing, water skiiing on beautiful lakes, surfing in ocean, drinking real beer, hitting every ethnicity possible, whatever you want boys...

But seriously. The camping is fucking awesome here. Looks like you guys had a awesome time.
    Damn, sounds like I need to get my ass to BC! Too bad there aren't any appraisal firms that I can do business with up that way...

Ninjabros World Tour Participants:
    ChuteFoxe
    Sean Damon
    Rory
    TBA
    Xhale
    Oddtopsy
    Che
    Dr. Bob
    40 Oz
    Mary Jane
    Chickenjorge
    Blunt Object
    Narben
    Axeman
    Bruce Lee
    Squirrel
    God
    Dozi
    MMAsterkillah
    Wandy4LIFE
    mytime321
    Tmons420
    King Cuntzia
    Odin
    Dr. Katz
    bphunk
    LanceSurethrust

Banned or Dead

Country
    This is Bruce Lee's Country Flag

Yes, when you are not playing the "forum heel" roll you are a much more reasonable man ;)
    I'm always reasonable. It's when others aren't that my heel qualities come out.

Banned or Dead

Country

When we do go to Gettysburg, the Little Drummer Campground is teh fucking pwn. Nice woods and gigantic bolders and shit. Neighbors are pretty spread out too. I'm thinking early-mid Sept will still have decent weather.

Banned or Dead

Country

After a brief standing exchange, I decided it would be best to get inside Bruce's ample reach (the man is 6"4 and in pretty damn good shape) I shot for the double...and got stuffed. I pulled guard as Bruce made the mistake of going for a guillotine before securing position and threw up an armbar attempt which he defended nicely and then went for the pass...right into my triangle. First match goes to TFZ, 45 seconds of the very first round by way of submission - Triangle Choke.

Here the widsom of "position before submission" was explicity demonstrated. A lesson I will not soon forget.

The New Flesh

Country
    This is henry's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    When we do go to Gettysburg, the Little Drummer Campground is teh fucking pwn. Nice woods and gigantic bolders and shit. Neighbors are pretty spread out too. I'm thinking early-mid Sept will still have decent weather.
    you mid east and full easters have it nice. it is nothing but hot out here.

The New Flesh

Country
    This is henry's Country Flag

I guess I'll have to wait until early november to head up to the laguna mntns near san diego.

*fucking desert*

Banned or Dead

Country

With the bitter taste of defeat still fresh in his mouth, Bruce manned up and challanged me again - and again my takedown was thwarted. Though the man does not train, he learns fast, and when I went to pull guard again, he immediately went for the pass. I was a bit too lazy and overconfident so I gave him my back, thinking I would just roll away and back into guard, but damn it if the man did not get his hooks in and roll me over! For the next couple of minutes I alternately tried to shake him free or prevent him from sinking the RNC. At one point when reaching down to dislodge one of his hooks, he actually trapped my arm ala BJ vs. Hughes I and got his forearm under my chin! Fortunately I was able to peel his bicep (sorry about the bruise there Bruce) away to stay concious long enough to free my other arm and escape the choke. I felt his spirit wither and die as soon as his last gasp effort failed and I immediately reversed back into guard and passed - the exhausted, but well aqquited Bruce was tapping as soon as I had the arm triangle choke locked in. .
    I can't tell you how impressive it was to see/feel somebody fend off an RNC for 3 minuets. I have a small wrestling background, and I know how to essentially "lay-n-pray" (assume a dominant position and keep it until the bell rings), so I felt confident grappeling (Fire and I both weigh 185 so there was no disadvanage for either of us).

When he gave up his back I thought I had him for sure. I sunk the left hook in immediately to Fire and Axe's surprise (Axe was filming it going, "oh my god he's got a hook in!!!), and then when Fire tried rolling out of it I sunk in the other hook (Axe was in half-kiniption by now "OH MY GOD HE'S GOT BOTH HOOKS IN NOW!!!). At this point Fire tried to "shake me off" by getting to a 4 point stance, but I "punched his arms out" from under him and face planted him into the mat and rolled him over. I felt pretty damn confident at this point. But Fire maintained that mythological BJJ composure and patience and simply bided his time defending as I expended every ounce of energy trying to finish. At one point I rolled him over and did indeed trap his left arm with my leg (BJ vs Jens II), and I almost came in my pants at my grappeling accumen. Everytime Fire tried to roll out of it or manipluate his position, I was able to maintain. Until about the 3 minute mark. At this point I felt my legs losing power. Couple this fatigue with Fires brilliant subtle movements and the next thing I know I'm in his guard getting subbed again.

All and all a fun ass experience!! I never felt so good getting my limbs torqued on...
    Last edited by Bruce Lee; 07-26-2007 at 02:24 PM.

Banned or Dead

Country

Quote Originally Posted by henjes101 View Post
    you mid east and full easters have it nice. it is nothing but hot out here.
    True. Ya'll have some nice mountains and canyons but I am a sucker for the Eastern Woodlands and all of our fresh water.

violent&funky

Country
    This is The Wolf's Country Flag

I can't tell you how impressive it was to see/feel somebody fend off an RNC for 3 minuets. I have a small wrestling background, and I know how to essentially "lay-n-pray" (assume a dominant position and keep it until the bell rings), so I felt confident grappeling (Fire and I both weigh 185 so there was no disadvanage for either of us).

When he gave up his back I thought I had him for sure. I sunk the left hook in immediately to Fire and Axe's surprise (Axe was filming it going, "oh my god he's got a hook in!!!), and then when Fire tried rolling out of it I sunk in the other hook (Axe was in half-kiniption by now "OH MY GOD HE'S GOT BOTH HOOKS IN NOW!!!). At this point Fire tried to "shake me off" by getting to a 4 point stance, but I "punched his arms out" from under him and face planted him into the mat and rolled him over. I felt pretty damn confident at this point. But Fire maintained that mythological BJJ composure and patience and simply bided his time defending as I expended every ounce of energy trying to finish. At one point I rolled him over and did indeed trap his left arm with my leg (BJ vs Jens II), and I almost came in my pants at my grappeling accumen. Everytime Fire tried to roll out of it or manipluate his position, I was able to maintain. Until about the 3 minute mark. At this point I felt my legs losing power. Couple this fatigue with Fires brilliant subtle movements and the next thing I know I'm in his guard getting subbed again.

All and all a fun ass experience!! I never felt so good getting my limbs torqued on...
    told you fat guys ant fight. JK. that sounds like you had fun. im lookin forward to rollin with fire in our lil grapplin tourney.

Banned or Dead

Country

Quote Originally Posted by 40oz. View Post
    told you fat guys ant fight. JK. that sounds like you had fun. im lookin forward to rollin with fire in our lil grapplin tourney.
    I honestly would not consider Fire "fat"... he's got some "husky" to him but at no point did I look at him and think, "this dude is FAT!". Not at all. He could definately shed to 170 and be in prime condition, but at 185 he's just a little bulky.

But be careful when you grapple with him. He's a sneaky, patient bastard. I relied on strength, aggression and athleticism and you read how well that worked out. You will not be able to sub him no matter what, so a victory would be if you can just keep him from subbing you.

Good luck and god speed!

violent&funky

Country

I honestly would not consider Fire "fat"... he's got some "husky" to him but at no point did I look at him and think, "this dude is FAT!". Not at all. He could definately shed to 170 and be in prime condition, but at 185 he's just a little bulky.

But be careful when you grapple with him. He's a sneaky, patient bastard. I relied on strength, aggression and athleticism and you read how well that worked out. You will not be able to sub him no matter what, so a victory would be if you can just keep him from subbing you.

Good luck and god speed!
    werd. i gotta alota skill when im on the ground bro. its really just knowing subs how to set up for em. bjj your not supposed to tap from pain. but if i got him tangled im my gogo...he'll be nappin with the fishes.

oh and i wasnt callin him i fat i was callin you fat, FAT ASS!

Banned or Dead

Country

Quote Originally Posted by 40oz. View Post
    werd. i gotta alota skill when im on the ground bro. its really just knowing subs how to set up for em. bjj your not supposed to tap from pain. but if i got him tangled im my gogo...he'll be nappin with the fishes.

oh and i wasnt callin him i fat i was callin you fat, FAT ASS!
    Knowing subs and how to set them up, and actually being able to do so in a live action situation are TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Unless you train grappleing on a regular basis, you may be in for a surprise. I had his back, my hooks locked in TIGHT, and even pinned his arm. And I was no closer to landing an RNC than I am right now sitting at work. And the "guillotine" I attempted in our first match was pathetic. And I've watched all the MMA DVD's I could!!! LOL!!!

And, yes, I'm the fatest skinny person I know... Full of flab and softness. Gabe Rudiger is my hero.

TFZ

Country
    This is The Fire's Country Flag

You guys crack me up. Gettysburg in Sept sounds brilliant Bruce. We should set a date and see how many mugs we can get there.

And 40, I cannot wait to see what you got...Machado ;)

Ninjabros World Tour Participants:
    ChuteFoxe
    Sean Damon
    Rory
    TBA
    Xhale
    Oddtopsy
    Che
    Dr. Bob
    40 Oz
    Mary Jane
    Chickenjorge
    Blunt Object
    Narben
    Axeman
    Bruce Lee
    Squirrel
    God
    Dozi
    MMAsterkillah
    Wandy4LIFE
    mytime321
    Tmons420
    King Cuntzia
    Odin
    Dr. Katz
    bphunk
    LanceSurethrust

violent&funky

Country

oh yeah dog me and you will have some fun. imma have to get back into shape after this accident. i can barely move rite now. so that means no conditioning for a while.

violent&funky

Country

either way. your gettin subbed