Philosophy book reccomendations

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
I have "The Enneads" by Plotinus, "Five Dialogues" by Plato, "Complete works of Aristotle vol. 1", "Christianity and Liberalism" by Machen, William James work from 1902-1910 & "The Perennial Philosophy" by Aldous Huxley.

Toss me some other reccomendations.

Last edited:

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
Friedrich Nietzsche: Beyond Good and Evil

In Beyond Good and Evil, Nietzsche accuses past philosophers of lacking critical sense and blindly accepting dogmatic premises in their consideration of morality. Specifically, he accuses them of founding grand metaphysical systems upon the faith that the good man is the opposite of the evil man, rather than just a different expression of the same basic impulses that find more direct expression in the evil man. The work moves into the realm "beyond good and evil" in the sense of leaving behind the traditional morality which Nietzsche subjects to a destructive critique in favour of what he regards as an affirmative approach that fearlessly confronts the perspectival nature of knowledge and the perilous condition of the modern individual.

I read it 30 years ago but I was on LSD

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
I've heard of beyond good and evil, believe he wrote the anti christ as well.

I like some of his quotes, but don't think ill be reading him. I fill my head with enough garbage :D

arokido

Retired
Ninjabro
Considering the fact that you are so gullible, I highly recommend you read The prince or any other book that explains treachery.

Not being negative but motherfuckers are treacherous yo.

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
Considering the fact that you are so gullible, I highly recommend you read The prince or any other book that explains treachery.

Not being negative but motherfuckers are treacherous yo.
I give everyone a chance til they abuse my trust, sorry but your reccomendo goes out the window.

I dont't see eye to eye with most of you, but I'll consider and at the least look into the reccomendos.

P.s. I expected Nietzsche & Hitchens.

Read part of "God Is Not Great" in my younger years. The bit on circumcision with teeth in a sect was harsh..

Keep them coming.