New guns

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
Were you born in Canada? My gosh man... This is a shame. You don't even know what you're applying for?

An American that hasn't even read his own constitution.. For shame.
As stated in initial post (minus 'conceal')

5 state conceal/carry permit.

Minnesota has reciprocity agreements with Wisconsin, North Dakota, and South Dakota. It also has an agreement with the Canadian province of Manitoba, and a limited agreement with Iowa Lakes Community College in northwestern Iowa.

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
I don't study this stuff.. This is all a bridge that I'll cross when the time comes. Just keeping it legal, yo.

I'll basically only carry when I'm in the middle of nowhere with $2K metal detecting equipment with me.. for thieves and wild animals.. maybe some plinking.

I just like getting permits for things whether I use them or not just to do it.. Renewing said permits is a whole other level of motivation.

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
Ps, if concealed carry let's you carry on state propety, (i.e. parks/wild life areas) I'm right behind you in applying. Because i don't need a license to carry my 9mm. But in the woods, we both need to think bigger and better. If u dont hsve big game to worry about, go full six 9mm-40as (15-20 max capacitity) i.e. avoid that Ruger unless you want to hide it. (Cheap gun, but reliable)

Hiking? Anything will work unless you're worried about bear/moose i.e. go 45lc or 44 magnum. They both have bear load, but they kick like the second coming. Watch some youtube videos.

Last edited:

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
I'm mainly in private woods but they are sometimes several acres (300+) so yes, I can carry there.

As far as choosing the 'right' gun for my needs.. absolutely no time for that. Every single person has a different answer, different view on what the 'right' gun is.

I've looked into the Ruger and aside from grip length which is not a problem for me and the chamber loaded indicator which can be modified.. or not, everyone gushes about how awesome it is.. how sweet the trigger is.. etc. But did I choose this gun out of weeks of research? Nope.. I have a gun that I offered to a family member in exchange for a legal handgun and the Ruger SR9C is what they had to offer. I said yes on the spot, sight unseen.

For the amount of time I'll be handling the Ruger or even remembering that I own it for that matter, it will be just fine for the Squirrel.

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
My pistol is for home defense, if I were you id research the intended environment. You're wanting a hot plate to cook a thanksgiving dinner.

Power to you, but upgrade the caliber if it's for outdoors. That Ruger is cheap, and great, but made for home/personal defense.

Research wild life caliber defense for your state and go from there.

Up here, we got da bears..

Last edited:

Beets

SO open carry is like walk about with it in a cowboy holster?
ANd concealed carry is like an underarm holster?

I Would have thought concealed would have been the preferred government option.. over here it has to be in a container like a bag or case, and unloaded if youre going somewhere in public with it.

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
If it's out for the wold to see, you're less of a threat than someone hiding his potential.

If you're caught hiding a weapon, it's a serious offense.

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
Been saving the past couple months. Can't decide between a Beretta 92fs, and a 92a1. Might be going Fs because it's proven longer, main reason I suppose is the newest Beretta M9a3 ($1000!) Rejected the captive spring of the 92a1/m9A1.

$600 is plenty. If i wanna spend a grand, I'll buy a full size 226 Legion.

I think the price I so high because the m9a3 was for the military, and they rejected the model for the sig p320.

Would rather have a Sig p226/229 personally. Preferably stainless frame..

Last edited:

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
Thats some weird logic. I would have put the threat level exactly the same.
If you were going to stab someone, would you walk up waving it around, or would you hide it?

You're a spectacle open carry.

Sure you can concealed carry without a license, but you're going to prison even if you're just shopping for flowers and caught.