Mayweather vs Pacman - May 2nd!

Crunchie

One FC addiction champion
Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao PPV price set for $89.95 in SD, up to $99.95 for HD

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/4/3...nny-pacquiao-ppv-price-set-for-89-95-in-sd-up

The upcoming Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather PPV price is set for $89.95 in Standard Definition, and will cost about $10 more for HD.

The highly anticipated boxing mega-fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are set to break a bunch of records. Apart from likely breaking record gate numbers along with PPV buys and revenue, they'll also be setting a new high for a boxing pay-per-view price.

ESPN has confirmed its long rumored hefty price tag:

Both HBO and Showtime confirmed to ESPN.com that the suggested retail price for the May 2 fight is $89.95. Any HD surcharge -- which could be up to $10 -- is at the discretion of the individual TV provider.

This would break the boxing record set by Mayweather as well when he priced the PPVs against Canelo Alvarez and Marcos Maidana at $65.95 a pop.

It's a steep jump in price, but with this being arguably the largest fight of this generation, buys and revenue from the PPV aren't likely going to be affected.

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
Any of you guys notice that since they started offering both standard and HD PPV that they make sure the standard is fucked up so you pay the extra $10 for HD?

Used to be just fine

Crunchie

I will play spoiler here:

Mayweather will dance around the ring counter-punching the more aggressive paq with neither coming close to finishing the fight, and whoever is the obvious winner the judges will go the other way making for an immediate rematch to take another 100 bucks from the poor saps that actually pay for this.

Revo

Ninjabro
I will play spoiler here:

Mayweather will dance around the ring counter-punching the more aggressive paq with neither coming close to finishing the fight, and whoever is the obvious winner the judges will go the other way making for an immediate rematch to take another 100 bucks from the poor saps that actually pay for this.
I have thought about the judges. I would hate to see Pacman outbox Floyd then get screwed by the judges.

Revo

Ninjabro
They are charging a fee for the weigh-in, but it won't be much. I think $15 last I heard. Al Haymon, Mayweather's manager is the reason why tickets haven't been put on sale yet. Things are being resolved I read. They probably will go on sale in the next few days. Not many will be available to the public though.

Revo

Ninjabro
Is there any way Manny pulls this out?
I think he has a good chance of winning. Manny is quicker on his feet than Floyd and punches just as fast. Floyd has never faced a fighter that was faster/quicker than him. Pac also hits harder than Floyd. Most importantly, Pac is a southpaw. Floyd's defensive technique's don't work nearly as well against left hand fighters.

wimmy

Flashaholic
I agree I think Manny has a real chance, but I fear that Floyd's defense and ability to take a big punch (Sugar) might allow him to not only win a decision but possibly KO Pacquiao in the later rounds. We all know that Pac Man's taken way more blows to the head compared to Mayweather during their careers, and I worry that Floyd's counter punching skills could lead to an outcome scary similar to what happened in the third Marquez fight. But I hope not.

Crunchie

Pac looked much smaller than Mayweather at the weigh ins, i figure he's gonna try and out punch him and stay much busier to win the decision.

Crunchie

Floyd in predictable fashion.

The sparring session was alright with neither guy having a scratch on them nor landing anything that rocked anything. It was mostly a "tag your it" game than a fight. The most surprising aspect is the judges got it right.

118-110 and 2 judges had it 116-112

I had it 117-113 Floyd

mikebourkefan

jon hess needs to return
Ninjabro
now Pacman says he wants a rematch if Floyd is willing to come back. once again i will NOT be buying their overpriced boxing match the first one was that insane price of 100$ and really fuck that shit