Magic The Gathering

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
3. What is your best deck and strategy to win and how does it stack up against your friends decks?
I'm bored, so I'm going to elaborate. This deck is able to compete with my buddy who's going to prison, and it walks through all my other friends decks.

I don't think I'm ever going to finish my goblins, just the land is going to cost me about 300+.

I tweaked my Artifact deck to fit the Legacy format, and turn 2-3 im a threat. only had to put about $80 into it. Pulled everything from the deck that didn't apply to a quick finish and filled in the gaps with mana creators and "Ancient Tombs" to speed up the process, also put in some spellkites and an academy ruins to protect my transmuters.

The whole goal is to drop a transmuter or quicksilver amulet to drop a blightsteel and kill my opponent with infect with one swing, or at the least drop a Sundering Titan to stall your mana pool. The spellkites let me defend my keys to victory while my unsummons clear a path for my creatures. Lightning greaves give me haste and offer hexproof with a zero equip cost.

This build is rather cheap, given the format at under $300. And it's all original, I didn't steal any ideas like I did with my gobbies..

Creatures

4 Master Transmuter
1 Inkwell Leviathan
1 Darksteel Colossus
2 Sundering Titan
4 Blightsteel Colossus
4 Renowned Weaponsmith
4 Memnite
4 Spellkite

Artifacts

4 Lotus Petal
4 Lightning Greaves
3 Quicksilver Amulet

Instant

4 Unsummon
1 Serum Visions
1 Preordain

Lands

4 Ancient Tomb
1 Academy Ruins
15 Islands

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
If I may embarrass myself further, I played my first magic tournament today.. I haven't bought anything from the last two sets (half a year) of new magic, but a friend of mine has been prying for over a year to get me to go.. and while it proved it wasn't my scene, I kinda got a rush off of it.. I usually sit back and chill because I don't want to single anyone out at a table game, but heads up is guilt free assault..

I think taking a game like this seriously is seriously discrediting your own potential on an observational level, but I love the quote "time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." So in a sense it's kind of like ninjashoes without the money expenditure.

Beyond that I had fun, cleaned one guy out best two out of three and at least won a single match with the rest of my opponents. On top of that I made the room laugh a few times, nerds are an easy audience.. if I meet a lady there I'm set...

Last edited:

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
If I may embarrass myself further, I played my first magic tournament today.. I haven't bought anything from the last two sets (half a year) of new magic, but a friend of mine has been prying for over a year to get me to go.. and while it proved it wasn't my scene, I kinda got a rush off of it.. I usually sit back and chill because I don't want to single anyone out at a table game, but heads up is guilt free assault..

I think taking a game like this seriously is seriously discrediting your own potential on an observational level, but I love the quote "time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." So in a sense it's kind of like ninjashoes without the money expenditure.

Beyond that I had fun, cleaned one guy out best two out of three and at least won a single match with the rest of my opponents. On top of that I made the room laugh a few times, nerds are an easy audience.. if I meet a lady there I'm set...
Better than a bar stool [easier said than done] plus you met a nerd girl.. nerd girls are the best. Glasses & backpack are a plus

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
Guilty people hide things..

I'm actually going to a modern state competition this weekend sporting R/G Tron. I understand the basics of the deck, but in magic, especially modern, you're one mistake away from losing a match you should have won. I'm glad it's a simple deck..

[video=youtube;B40Nuq4FzW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B40Nuq4FzW4[/video]