Magic The Gathering

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
Damn my moral standards.

I've been a whore lately but only because I had just got out of a long term relationship, and when I commit I don't betray.

This cute nerd moved into my magic buddies house and my epicurean nature is drawn to her.

I don't double dip in a relationship, so I'm at a standstill.

"Satan get behind me", before I get behind her.

[video=youtube;XPY5P0TaC4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPY5P0TaC4k[/video]

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
Really getting sucked in again, I made the mistake of watching this video, now I'm wanting to get some Chrome Moxs with Tarfires to amp my Warren Instigators..

[video=youtube;o9Js9cUMl0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Js9cUMl0I[/video]

Need a set of ring leaders and aether vials too..

Jesus, you are really addicted to magic.

1. How do you know so many other people who play? I only knew people who play when I was in junior high and some in high school.

2. How much do you spend per month on the game?

3. What is your best deck and strategy to win and how does it stack up against your friends decks?

Sometimes when I go to the store I will kind of stare at the Magic cards, just thinking about what a money pit I could walk into if I take the plunge and buy a modern day starter deck.

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
1. How do you know so many other people who play? I only knew people who play when I was in junior high and some in high school.

-I got introduced to a crowd of people who play home games, as well as revealing to a friend of mine I played whom I've known for years who's roommate has a collection that puts small town card shops to shame..

The people just kind of fell into my lap, otherwise I doubt I'd still be playing, as I refuse to hit the card shops, people are just too weird down there man.. saw one guy wearing a cape for fuck sake..

-This year, practically nothing, maybe a couple fat packs. Last year was bad.. I'd say I've spent at least $1500 since I started though.

3. What is your best deck and strategy to win and how does it stack up against your friends decks?

Goblin rush has proved the most winning, but I also run transmuter. Goblins are self explanitory, but my transmuter deck has several ways to win, but most take time to dominate. At best, turn 3 I can win with this deck, but in terms of probability it's very weak.. I can transmuter turn 2, lightning greave it, turn 3 blightsteel, move the greaves, and attack.. possible turn 3 win, probable 4th. I also run indestructable then boardwipe, but that takes at least 5 turns.. no way to stop the counter through thanks to instant speed, the graves are free to move but instant take priority.

Meaning, I can't truly protect the key to my deck. i thought about running some rebuff the wicked, but this deck just isnt capable of strong play.. fun casual though.. I have a set of tempered steel to amp my existing creatures, but this deck would be a walk through for even a shitty modern deck running either blue red or black.

Two very unskilled deck builds, I loved Tron because it really got my wheels turning, but I can't afford to build one.

Most of my friends run extremely casual decks. This guy I was introduced through with the collection has finished me on turn 1. He has over 20 decks that could compete in their given format. Given I started playing with him only recently i realized I invested a lot of money into cards that don't apply to strong modern and legacy builds. I want one deck to compete with. Which is going to run me about 200 to finish up..

I originally wanted a tron deck, but as they're now a hot deck prices have sky rocketed 4× for oblivion stones, I'm not willing to spend half a grand on a deck, so I decided to tune an existing one.

Sometimes when I go to the store I will kind of stare at the Magic cards, just thinking about what a money pit I could walk into if I take the plunge and buy a modern day starter deck.

-understandable, it just brings back good memories for me, and I've made a lot of friends playing.. a modern deck could run you just under a grand, a legacy one is that times whatever you want to spend.

just 4 lotus's would run you 6 g's if im not mistaken..

Last edited:

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
Luckily I've been able to trade for everything I need, but my buddy isn't willing to get rid of his chrome moxs or aether vials, chromed run 20 a pop and I need 3, vials run 35 and I need a set. If I trade in at the card shop they'll give you half value, I have a few big cards that could cover my moxs but I think I'll still end up spending at least a buck twenty.

I know people sickly addicted to this game, so I don't feel too bad.

-I got introduced to a crowd of people who play home games, as well as revealing to a friend of mine I played whom I've known for years who's roommate has a collection that puts small town card shops to shame..

The people just kind of fell into my lap, otherwise I doubt I'd still be playing, as I refuse to hit the card shops, people are just too weird down there man.. saw one guy wearing a cape for fuck sake..

-This year, practically nothing, maybe a couple fat packs. Last year was bad.. I'd say I've spent at least $1500 since I started though.

Goblin rush has proved the most winning, but I also run transmuter. Goblins are self explanitory, but my transmuter deck has several ways to win, but most take time to dominate. At best, turn 3 I can win with this deck, but in terms of probability it's very weak.. I can transmuter turn 2, lightning greave it, turn 3 blightsteel, move the greaves, and attack.. possible turn 3 win, probable 4th. I also run indestructable then boardwipe, but that takes at least 5 turns.. no way to stop the counter through thanks to instant speed, the graves are free to move but instant take priority.

Meaning, I can't truly protect the key to my deck. i thought about running some rebuff the wicked, but this deck just isnt capable of strong play.. fun casual though.. I have a set of tempered steel to amp my existing creatures, but this deck would be a walk through for even a shitty modern deck running either blue red or black.

Two very unskilled deck builds, I loved Tron because it really got my wheels turning, but I can't afford to build one.

Most of my friends run extremely casual decks. This guy I was introduced through with the collection has finished me on turn 1. He has over 20 decks that could compete in their given format. Given I started playing with him only recently i realized I invested a lot of money into cards that don't apply to strong modern and legacy builds. I want one deck to compete with. Which is going to run me about 200 to finish up..

I originally wanted a tron deck, but as they're now a hot deck prices have sky rocketed 4× for oblivion stones, I'm not willing to spend half a grand on a deck, so I decided to tune an existing one.

-understandable, it just brings back good memories for me, and I've made a lot of friends playing.. a modern deck could run you just under a grand, a legacy one is that times whatever you want to spend.

just 4 lotus's would run you 6 g's if im not mistaken..
$1500 since you started isn't really that bad. Not sure how long you have been playing but I think its over 2 years now. So that is 750 a year and a little more than $50 a month, not unreasonable.

I remember when I played I was buying pack after pack, singles and even entire boxes of expansion packs. I bought a box of Ice Age and got some super rare cards in there. So dumb that I got rid of my cards.

I know what you mean about the dude with the cape. Not exactly the type of people I wanna hang out with especially when they get mad and immature about losing.

Luckily I've been able to trade for everything I need, but my buddy isn't willing to get rid of his chrome moxs or aether vials, chromed run 20 a pop and I need 3, vials run 35 and I need a set. If I trade in at the card shop they'll give you half value, I have a few big cards that could cover my moxs but I think I'll still end up spending at least a buck twenty.

I know people sickly addicted to this game, so I don't feel too bad.
I see people play at the gameshops but it doesn't seem to be anything like it was in Magics prime with a lot of casual players. I remember people being lined up around the block to buy up the latest expansion. I guess there is too much competition from online games now.

Bloodshot {ADR}

Subjective Witness
Ninjabro
My buddy who owns the awesome decks is probaly going to prison, given that he decided to sell me the cards of his I wanted..

Poor bastard let greed get the best of him from what I can gather, he didn't admit anything, but if I can put two and two together the authorities have it all pieced together..

Poor guy isn't a debtrament to society, I told him they would probably plea bargain in his favor if he had no past record.. turns out he has a felony that is a year away from being expunged..

He can't afford jail, so he would rather face prison than plea bargain for jail time and community service. Strictly because you don't have to pay out of pocket for federal time. I don't think he knows how bad minimum security can be, I'd take debt and county jail over a penitentiary any day.