James Toney vs Vassiliy Jirov

SolitaryIndividual

Pig that doesn't eat Jews
Ninjabro
One of my favorite matches of all time was between these two, and these are two of my favorite boxers ..... they are fighting again on September 29 of this year .... i cant wait for this to go down

MBL

Ninjabro
source? I havent heard anything about this fight, toney was saying not long ago he would never make Cruiserweight again so Jirov would have to move up

SolitaryIndividual

Ninjabro
jirov has fought several fights at heavyweight before

GL: Will this be your last fight at heavyweight?

VJ: "Yep."

GL: You're still planning on figting at cruiserweight, correct?

VJ: "Yes. Right now I am a cruiserweight. I will fight James Toney at heavyweight because I know he cannot make the weight. But after I'm done with James Toney I will be fighting at cruiserweight and I"m coming back for all the belts."

this is from an interview with jirov from the belovw website

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/news.php?id=3290&lng=en

here is the site with the confirmed fight and date

http://www.boxrec.com/schedule.php?country=RU

Moscow, Russia
Date: Saturday, 29th September, 2007
Commission: Professional Boxing Federation Of Russia
Promoter: German Titov

Heavyweight James Toney v Vassiliy Jirov

Last edited:

Beanflicker

BIG SEXAAAY
Ninjabro
i'll be damned, i hope not. do you know the source where you heard that? cuz on the boxing sites ive seen, such as the one i posted earlier, they seem up to date and the fight is still on there.
I'm pretty sure Toney said in a recent interview that Jirov wanted too much $$$. I may be wrong though, I just noticed that they put it back on Boxrec, and "in boxrec i trust".

Beanflicker

BIG SEXAAAY
Ninjabro
Definatly, they are ALWAYS on the ball and I take their word over anything, I wouldn't even dream of arguing with that site. IF they say I'm a faggot, no arguments, I'm changin my name to Lance and taking the next plane to San Fran. They are the real deal

Jim

'The Real Jim'
Ninjabro
Their first was classic.Toney was great at 190.That fight & James' fight with Holy were the last times I saw him without the love handles.

Beanflicker

BIG SEXAAAY
Ninjabro
I doubt it will happen, James tested positive for steroids back in May and I think he's suspended for a year.

I'm not too upset, there is no way this fight could be anywhere near as good as the original.
Like Jimmy said Toney was a FIT 190lbs for the original, now adays he's lucky if he can make 230lbs. James has lost speed and reflexes since then IMO. Toney is my favorite fighter but I think he's done, he should retire.

SolitaryIndividual

Ninjabro
I doubt it will happen, James tested positive for steroids back in May and I think he's suspended for a year.

I'm not too upset, there is no way this fight could be anywhere near as good as the original.
Like Jimmy said Toney was a FIT 190lbs for the original, now adays he's lucky if he can make 230lbs. James has lost speed and reflexes since then IMO. Toney is my favorite fighter but I think he's done, he should retire.
yeah but hell look at jirov, he hasnt been too active and fights at 190 hed have to get fat to fight toney... i still think it would be a good fight taking into consideration the deterioration of both of the fighters lol ... it kinda evens itself out