Check out the money these trashed ATARI games are netting

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
The story of the ATARI video game burial and now excavation have intrigued me since I first heard of it.. Now that these old "unwanted" games have resurfaced in totally trashed condition of course, collectors have been paying big bucks for them on ebay

Backstory: The Atari video game burial was a mass burial of unsold video game cartridges, consoles, and computers in a New Mexico landfill site, undertaken by American video game and home computer company Atari, Inc. in 1983. The goods disposed of through the burial were generally believed to have been unsold copies of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, a game which had become one of the biggest commercial failures in video gaming and is often cited as one of the worst video games ever released; and the Atari 2600 port of Pac-Man, which had been commercially successful but critically maligned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_video_game_burial

Here's the completed auctions from the past 60 days from highest price to lowest

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_C...sacat=0&_nkw=atari+dig+cartridges+-dug&_sop=3

Craziness

Captain Tom Hanks

Ninjabro
I regret i sold my Gameboy, N64, PS1 and PS2. I was too young and too desperate for money, now i know better though.

Playstation 1 and 2 sold so much and are so bountiful, but if you got a Dreamcast or a Nintendo 64, hold on to it.

Im gonna keep all my current consoles, because in 10 years time, there will be no physical copies of anything, it will all be digital and the old school consoles and games will become cool collector items.

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
I wouldn't be too bummed about selling the PS1.. I'm sure you got more money for it years ago than you would today.. I have 5 or 6 of them in a box because I literally find them set out on the curb for the trash on occasion.. Very hard to sell and if they do it's for around $1-$5 USD.

They do make great CD players though.. The player is very good and works well.. Some people use them to play all of their music. I've offered to send one to a couple people on the forum.. If you lived closer I'd send you one

They may be collectible in the future but people will be after the minty fresh ones, still in the box and all that jazz

ninjashoes

Classic
Admin
I wouldn't be too bummed about selling the PS1.. I'm sure you got more money for it years ago than you would today.. I have 5 or 6 of them in a box because I literally find them set out on the curb for the trash on occasion.. Very hard to sell and if they do it's for around $1-$5 USD.

They do make great CD players though.. The player is very good and works well.. Some people use them to play all of their music. I've offered to send one to a couple people on the forum.. If you lived closer I'd send you one

They may be collectible in the future but people will be after the minty fresh ones, still in the box and all that jazz
That's true, the CD player on the original PS1 is said to be audiophile quality.

The ps1 games that are rare, I am pretty sure are worth the most.

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
That's true, the CD player on the original PS1 is said to be audiophile quality.

The ps1 games that are rare, I am pretty sure are worth the most.
I found out about the PS1 games in a good way.. I loaned my PS2 out to someone for a couple years with a few games.. They were given a bunch of games from other friends and I think he just lost track or they became his so when I got the console back I also got about 10-12 PS1 games [I never owned a PS1].. I started looking them up and sold them right away.. I did pretty well on the final prices, prob still have a few in a box somewhere

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
Even I got rid of a lot of stuff in the past.. I call that time period pre-ebay

Wish I still had the Commodore VIC-20 and all the floppy disk games that I gave away.. I'd fire it up

Beanflicker

BIG SEXAAAY
Ninjabro

Wow didn't know that about the CD player, figured those things would be useless because the PS2 was backward compatible with PS1 games I think.

Sony make some good shit. For a long time, the PS3 had the best bluray player on the market.

ZiLLa

Good-By What Standard???
Ninjabro
So glad our family never got rid of anything except an Apple 2GS....and we still regret it to this day.

We still got all our old consoles. Nes, Atari, Snes, N64, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox.