bought a sweet van for cheap

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
Been looking for a cheap cargo van for a while now because I can use it to make money.. I'm tired of passing on deals because I can't fit the stuff in my little truck.. I initially had a 1/2 ton Chevy lined up that was mechanic owned and new transmission with only 9K on it.. dude pulled the ad, parked it behind his shop and when I told him I was on the way to buy it he said he sold it a couple hours ago for $100 more.. fucking chump.. I lined up another one 2 days later and when I showed up the dude looked like he was just waiting for drug money.. I test drove it and couldn't get it past 35 mph and the check engine & transmission light came on.. I didn't even get mad, just told him it was VERY rough and moved on.. a couple miles down the road we saw a random Cargo van but it was 3K and I only wanted to spend 2K.. about a mile later my buddy pulls into a used car lot and says they have a couple of vans.. saw this blue one right away from the back and he said "that looks like it costs more than what you wanna spend" I said ya.. then we saw through to the front window "$2,400".. my buddy is a mechanic and said it could be tough to get it to 2K especially since I don't buy or sell cars, I always have someone else deal with that for me but I thought fuck it.. I test drove it and immediately knew that I needed to take it home.. SO sweet, so clean! So we get back to the lot [salesman and me] and I pretend to be iffy about it then I offer him $1,600 cash and pull a wad of 100's out of my pocket.. after he got done shitting his pants and telling me "that's quite a jump from $2,400" he asked if I could do $2,000.. I said the very best I could do is $1,800.. SOLD

1996 FORD E-150 Club Wagon

Shop checked everything out, called me and said "that thing is mint"

I pulled out the 2 passenger seats and the bench seat that folded down into a bed because that was never part of the plan.. I need a cargo van, I don't care about passengers and I will never have any

So yeah, sweet :sifone:

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
I think he only lives about 6 hours from me if he's in Chicago.. I've been meaning to go there & I did save the bed

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
Power everything as well.. lumbar support, windows, side mirrors .. I don't know how I survived so long without a van.. Already thinking about getting a second one

steeb

Ninjabro

merc sprinter in 4x4. was seconds off getting one but the family were complaining about how we would look like gypo's driving about in it.

steeb

Ninjabro
the pic was for illustration purposes - its a snorkel on the left.

yeah gypos = gypsies. vans are the standard mode of transport. you see em in convoy sometimes.

steeb

Ninjabro
[video=youtube;k6JeEf57B1E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6JeEf57B1E[/video]

look how many friends you can fit in one

ferg[adr]

trannysaurus rex
Shit, son that's CHEAP!!! Good deal on a good pedowagon. Just need to spray paint "FREE CANDY" on the side.

That's a Ford RWD platform, so it'll last. Stay away from any FWD Ford.

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
ferg[adr];1809874 said:
Shit, son that's CHEAP!!! Good deal on a good pedowagon. Just need to spray paint "FREE CANDY" on the side.

That's a Ford RWD platform, so it'll last. Stay away from any FWD Ford.
Ug.. I was wishing I did have FWD a couple days ago because of the icy roads.. I'm used to my little 4WD pickup I've been driving for the past 5 years and the van gets a little.. let's say "squirrely" on the ice.. I stopped at a light and couldn't get going again.. had to back up and take a little run for it.. All good, or at least better now though.. I put 240lbs of sand tubes over the rear axel and now it's a different game