Anyone here currently read any comics?

Sub Zero

Eat. Sleep. Sell. Repeat.
Ninjabro
None. I didnt like how DC restarted all their titles at #1 a few years ago and I havent read a Marvel comic since 1998.

Crunchie

One FC addiction champion
I would like to get back into them, but I'm so out of the loop that it would take a lot of catching up just to get current

Odin

Oderus
Ninjabro
What comics do you currently follow?

I've been reading New Avengers, Thor and Uncanny X-Men mostly.
i religiously read anything brian michael bendis writes, as much as it kills me to read 2 x-men titles a month. im also really digging DCs harley quinn and constantine right now.

whats your take on angela being thors sister, and the new she-thor for that matter?

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
I watch Comic Book Men, does that count?

Also.. there's a Harley Quinn comic? Kevin Smith had his daughter Harley Quinn on the last show I watched.. :themoreyouknow:

Also also.. Odin is still alive :dwarf:

Crunchie

Also.. there's a Harley Quinn comic? Kevin Smith had his daughter Harley Quinn on the last show I watched.. :themoreyouknow:

Yeah, I really like that show

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite
Really? I thought I was the only one who watched it.. srsly

I initially started watching because I wanted to learn something about the value of certain comics but the show isn't exactly a wealth of knowledge in the pricing dept.. I was hoping for more of a Comic Book Pawn Stars type deal.. Still like it though

Crunchie

Really? I thought I was the only one who watched it.. srsly

I initially started watching because I wanted to learn something about the value of certain comics but the show isn't exactly a wealth of knowledge in the pricing dept.. I was hoping for more of a Comic Book Pawn Stars type deal.. Still like it though
The guys on there are funny, but because they deal with older comics that i used to read I find it something that I can relate to.

Odin

Oderus
Ninjabro

she was such a popular character on batman the animated series that they went and retconned her into the comic books. its actually surprisingly well written for a book thats aimed to be DCs answer to deadpool.

ninjashoes

Classic
Admin
i religiously read anything brian michael bendis writes, as much as it kills me to read 2 x-men titles a month. im also really digging DCs harley quinn and constantine right now.

whats your take on angela being thors sister, and the new she-thor for that matter?
Hmm, I've always thought the whole Angela/Heaven part of Spawn was pretty cool even though that book went way downhill obviously.

I like Angela's character a lot but I am surprised they actually jobbed Thor to her so early. Thor doesn't really get jobbed to anyone, even against heavy hitters like Thanos and Galactus, he sorta holds his own. They seem to really want to sell Angela as a powerful force on the same level as Marvel's most powerful characters. I am not sure making her an Asgardian was the right move but it seems to be working so far and I enjoyed what they have been doing.

I am kind of annoyed by the whole female Thor thing. We know for sure Thor will get his hammer back but until then we have to see him getting his ass kicked left and right. It's kind of annoying.

Thor is a hot property right now. A lot of people are just discovering and getting into Thor because of the movies. I say don't mess with the character too much and instead just keep giving him good epic storylines. If anything I would like to see more stories take place in other realms in a more fantasy setting.

Odin

Oderus
Ninjabro
Hmm, I've always thought the whole Angela/Heaven part of Spawn was pretty cool even though that book went way downhill obviously.

I like Angela's character a lot but I am surprised they actually jobbed Thor to her so early. Thor doesn't really get jobbed to anyone, even against heavy hitters like Thanos and Galactus, he sorta holds his own. They seem to really want to sell Angela as a powerful force on the same level as Marvel's most powerful characters. I am not sure making her an Asgardian was the right move but it seems to be working so far and I enjoyed what they have been doing.

I am kind of annoyed by the whole female Thor thing. We know for sure Thor will get his hammer back but until then we have to see him getting his ass kicked left and right. It's kind of annoying.

Thor is a hot property right now. A lot of people are just discovering and getting into Thor because of the movies. I say don't mess with the character too much and instead just keep giving him good epic storylines. If anything I would like to see more stories take place in other realms in a more fantasy setting.
i just want to know what was said that made him so unworthy of it so suddenly. stupid original sin not answering questions. i cant imagine she-thor lasting too long though. thor odin-son loses the hammer often enough, but he always gets it back.

have you read any loki: agent of asgard?

ninjashoes

Classic
Admin
i just want to know what was said that made him so unworthy of it so suddenly. stupid original sin not answering questions. i cant imagine she-thor lasting too long though. thor odin-son loses the hammer often enough, but he always gets it back.

have you read any loki: agent of asgard?
Yeah I have been enjoying the young Loki character. The idea of the future self Loki working back through time is very occultish which is really interesting.

I actually sent Squirrel a picture I took of a first appearance of carnage Amazing Spiderman comic I picked up at an antique/used collectible store. It cost me 1 dollar and tends to go for around $75 on ebay. Probably the best treasure I have ever found period.

Odin

Oderus
Ninjabro
Yeah I have been enjoying the young Loki character. The idea of the future self Loki working back through time is very occultish which is really interesting.

I actually sent Squirrel a picture I took of a first appearance of carnage Amazing Spiderman comic I picked up at an antique/used collectible store. It cost me 1 dollar and tends to go for around $75 on ebay. Probably the best treasure I have ever found period.
i bought that at my local comic shop the week it came out (75 cents as a member of their comics club). it was destroyed in a flood about three years ago. lost almost all my old comics. about the only thing that made it was my 1st run copies of the Infinity Gauntlet.

im really digging young loki too. im two or three issues behind, but i really enjoy the way they are writing that book.

if you havent read it yet, read Powers. it is amazing. and if you like strange and funny stuff, also check out Chew.

ZiLLa

Good-By What Standard???
Ninjabro
Just been reading Walking Dead...but ya'll got me interested in checking out some of these new books

Squirrel

Half Dead & Dynamite

Season 4 starts Feb 15th

Damn.. I just dl this show so I didn't realize it comes on so late at night.. 11pm central

Crunchie

I want to read the infinity gauntlet series and crossover events. Just watched guardians of the Galaxy so I want to get into the whole story since the marvel movies are headed into that direction