PDA

View Full Version : UFC 2009 Undisputed Interview: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson

SOUTHPAW
05-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Following the interviews with designer Omar Kendall and producer Neven Dravinski, our last UFC 2009 Undisputed interview features former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson. Enjoy!

http://www.gamefocus.ca/UserFiles/Image/THQ/UFC%20Undisputed%20event/QuintonJackson.jpg

Do you find that the game captures how much effort and work it takes to be successful in MMA?

Yeah. If you’re on your way to being a successful fighter, this game is not a bad place to start. You can see what the fighters do and how they move. I ain’t a smart person but I learned a lot from video games. It’s where I get a lot of my reading done. You gotta read and play the game at the same time and try not to get your ass blown off. Parents say video games rot your brain but it’s not true.

How do you like the game?

I really like the game. It’s no lie. I wouldn’t be doing this because I don’t even think I’m getting paid to do this.

Are you happy to see a new MMA game come out after all these years. You mentioned that you played the other ones before.

This is the key to everything: take your time and do it right. Anyone can half-ass a job but THQ actually took their time and did it right. I was complaining on how long it took but if you want something good, you don’t want to rush it. THQ did a lot of research and it shows.

What kind of contributions did you make in the game?

I was gonna come in and do some moves but it didn’t work out with my schedule. I started training in the U.K. If I came in I would have a head kick [in the game].

Do your kids play video games? Do you think they will enjoy it?

My kids love video games. They will enjoy this game.

Are they better than you at video games?

My oldest son beat me at the wrestling games that THQ makes and I was upset at that. But other than that, I’m better than them at video games.

You plan on going online with the game anytime soon?

When I get good. I ain’t going online if I ain’t good.

What’s next for you in the Octagon?

I don’t know. I’m just gonna wait and see…see you who wins the next fight between Rashad Evans and Lyoto Machida.

http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=new&nid=5346