PDA

View Full Version : Most Depressing Movie You've Seen?

MildernhardPark
01-07-2008, 02:22 AM
I guess I've really been desensitized by everything but the most depressing movie I've ever seen definitely has to be "Grave of the Fireflies".

This movie is seriously just like wrong.. I can't really explain it. Like I felt unfulfilled after it was all done and It just blew my mind really...

MBL
01-07-2008, 04:57 AM
Ive seen many but I remember none, the only one that comes to mind is Blow but its definately not the sadest movie out there

Sepiku .
01-07-2008, 05:12 AM
Requiem for a dream

Rynoplasty
01-07-2008, 05:25 AM
For some reason I thought AI was really depressing. Requiem For a Dream was also very depressing. Oh yeah and Kids.

Sepiku .
01-07-2008, 05:26 AM
For some reason I thought AI was really depressing. Requiem For a Dream was also very depressing. Oh yeah and Kids.

I feel the need to tell you your av is the shit

Rynoplasty
01-07-2008, 05:27 AM
I feel the need to tell you your av is the shit

Hahaha! Thanks bro. It was a gift from Godbro.

Rynoplasty
01-07-2008, 05:27 AM
I just told him I wanted a gif with B-Pep, Warrior and :damn: and voila, I got this gem.

Sepiku .
01-07-2008, 05:29 AM
I just told him I wanted a gif with B-Pep, Warrior and :damn: and voila, I got this gem.

Whenever I see brian peppers I hear DO A BARREL ROLL!!! in my hear. Pure gold

ninjashoes
01-07-2008, 05:30 AM
walk to remember

Rynoplasty
01-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Whenever I see brian peppers I hear DO A BARREL ROLL!!! in my hear. Pure gold

What? lol. B-Pep is the man.

Sepiku .
01-07-2008, 05:33 AM
What? lol. B-Pep is the man.

Find him on myspace and you'll understand

kronker
01-07-2008, 06:11 AM
Requiem for a dream

+1

That is one of the greatest movies I've ever seen but I can't watch it a second time because its so devastating mentally and emotionally.

Sepiku .
01-07-2008, 06:14 AM
+1

That is one of the greatest movies I've ever seen but I can't watch it a second time because its so devastating mentally and emotionally.

That is word for word, EXACTLY what I feel. A movie so rooted in hope. Every person just wanted happiness. And in that yearning for happiness they all destroyed themselves. Very tragic..

chalupa
01-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Mmm...Oldboy is pretty depressing. Although it can be watched again unlike Requiem for a Dream.

aussjj
01-07-2008, 07:24 AM
For me it would have to be A Clockwork Orange.

I've never seen the one you're talking about, I'll look into it.

kermitthefrayer
01-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Requiem for a dream

+1

DieOff
01-07-2008, 12:37 PM
The Deer Hunter is pretty sad.

kermitthefrayer
01-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Requiem for a dream

+1

kronker
01-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Mmm...Oldboy is pretty depressing. Although it can be watched again unlike Requiem for a Dream.

Shit. I forgot about Old Boy. That shit was fucked up as well. I wanted to cry.

Still not as bad as Requiem though.

Jack Mehoff
01-07-2008, 02:15 PM
The Deer Hunter is pretty sad.

yeah it is.

Jack Mehoff
01-07-2008, 02:29 PM
of mice and men
a simple plan
my girl
forrest gump
boys in the hood

DieOff
01-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Casualties of War
21 Grams
The World According To Garp (extremely sad/depressing to me)
Rain Man
Donnie Darko (Directors Cut)

blevunly
01-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Requiem for a dream

Good call.

ShadowoftheDarkgod
01-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Grave of the Fireflies is so fucked I don't want to see it ever again. I can't help blaming the boy to for the outcome (should have swallowed their pride and went back to their aunt).

And AI. 3 hours I think?

parker
01-07-2008, 05:21 PM
i was devastated when tony montana got killed at the end of scarface and the end of menace 2 society

Pirate
01-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Not a movie, but the last episode of "The world of David the gnome", where David and his wife turn into trees and the fox "swift" who is then left alone, cries... When I was a kid I'm pretty sure I cried a little, it was so sad.

http://davidthegnomedies.ytmnd.com/

Movie: Magnolia is pretty depressing but not sad.

fscottbaio
01-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Salo: 120 Days of Sodom. Grave of the Fireflies and Requiem are also pretty good.

Anything Lars von Trier is pretty depressing, too, like Dancer in the Dark or Breaking the Waves.

Salo by far is the one that left me feeling like I had a weight on my chest for like two days. Really disturbing and depressing:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0o2ul-UwOvU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0o2ul-UwOvU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ninjashoes
01-08-2008, 04:35 AM
lol I forgot about Oldboy

Oldbay rapes any of these other movies

Odin
01-08-2008, 04:38 AM
napoleon dynamite.

it made me sad for days that i wasted my time watching that turd.

dragonfly
01-08-2008, 11:51 PM
21 Grams
great flicks, 21 grams was hard movie to watch, very disheartening, much like requiem...

less than zero
joy luck club (yeah i know, gay)
house of sand and fog
vanilla sky

how could i forget, where the red fern grows, the original...

*there was also this one japanese film, idk the title of that my grandma took us (my brother, cousins & i) to when i was maybe 7 ish... anyways, it was about a single mother who lost her only son during the war... it depicted the struggles of a single woman raising a son alone, the anguish of a parent coming to terms with a missing child & acceptance of his death... he went missing after jumping into a fox hole filled with water to escape an approaching tank, which ran over it... he was listed as kia since no body was ever recovered... finally accepting the fate of her son, after years of pleading with the japanese government for more information, she would prepare his favorite meal, which she sent off to sea in a bento box everyday until she died... we were all crying in the theater it was so sad...

Trolly
01-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Dude Where's My Car. After 5 min of that most of my faith in humanity died

kronker
01-09-2008, 01:35 AM
of mice and men
a simple plan
my girl
forrest gump
boys in the hood

My Girl made me cry.

kronker
01-09-2008, 01:36 AM
Casualties of War
21 Grams
Rain Man

Donnie Darko for sure. The power of it comes from the main song though. The 80's hit song, redone in a slow, depressing way.

"And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
are the best I've ever had"

MBL
01-22-2008, 04:30 AM
How could anyone forget Bambi?

Resin
01-22-2008, 04:38 AM
mice of men LOL

oddtopsy
01-22-2008, 12:01 PM
how the fuck was requeium for a dream depressing?

what dreams may come

most depressing fucking suicidal film of all time. also, check out 'happiness.'

Shoei
01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
The Mist was pretty depressing in the end.

Vens
01-24-2008, 07:29 AM
Terminator 2.

Vens
01-24-2008, 07:31 AM
<object width="300" height="80"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/m/iecT6pARke"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/m/iecT6pARke" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="80" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

harajyuks
01-24-2008, 08:44 AM
^^^^ possible the greatest movie theme ever, better than star wars to me....

most depressing flick ever? 50+ Anal Moms... man i wanted to shoot my family after that one... nah

i actually just got done watching a really 'good' one... Joshua, now i never want to have kids, EVER

rounding out the top five??
2. Deep Cover (Larry Fishburne)
3. Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (Peter Sellers)/ [also here i would put] On The Beach (Fred Astaire, Ava Gardner)
4. Seven (Morgan Freeman/Brad Pitt)
5. Higher Learning (Omar Epps)

harajyuks
01-24-2008, 08:46 AM
oh and He Was a Quiet Man interesting yet saddening and Before the Devil Know Your Dead

shits fucked up when the best movies i have seen are all really twisted and depressing, thought provoking thread

How Rude
01-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Newest one ive seen was The bucket list (freeman and nicholson) at the end, and +1 on "what dreams may come"

also "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"

Vens
01-25-2008, 01:35 AM
what happened at the end of the bucket list?
Did they die?

harajyuks
01-25-2008, 02:21 AM
they had inoperable brain cancer.... yea they died

amanamagus
01-25-2008, 02:35 AM
Requiem for a Dream.

TBA
01-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Dead Man Walking.

The scene that got him on death row was hard for me to watch at the time being a young and super in love with his wife guy.

The whole movie was a downer.

Strongest scene in any movie for me was the shooting scene with the latin guy and daughter in Crash.

Shaggydoo
01-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Butterfly Effect (Director's Cut/Ending)

I need to DL requiem....

Shaggydoo
01-27-2008, 03:23 AM
Is there a DL link anywhere for Requiem for a Dream?

hotnewton
01-28-2008, 09:57 AM
oh and He Was a Quiet Man interesting yet saddening and Before the Devil Know Your Dead

shits fucked up when the best movies i have seen are all really twisted and depressing, thought provoking thread

good posting bro... just watched both of these... and I agree with you, more on Devil than Quiet Man... it's hard to be depressed when you think you might've seen Cuthbert's titties lol

I would like to add Sweeney Todd to this thread... great movie... but depressing as fuck

hotnewton
01-28-2008, 09:58 AM
^^^^ possible the greatest movie theme ever, better than star wars to me....

most depressing flick ever? 50+ Anal Moms... man i wanted to shoot my family after that one... nah

i actually just got done watching a really 'good' one... Joshua, now i never want to have kids, EVER

rounding out the top five??
2. Deep Cover (Larry Fishburne)
3. Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (Peter Sellers)/ [also here i would put] On The Beach (Fred Astaire, Ava Gardner)
4. Seven (Morgan Freeman/Brad Pitt)
5. Higher Learning (Omar Epps)

Joshua was right fucked...

hotnewton
01-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Crash

Axeman
01-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Brian's song

Axeman
01-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Mr. Bean's Holiday, stupid ass flick.

IMAMEX
01-28-2008, 10:28 PM
I knew Requiem would be all over the place. That movie is fucking sad but the way Clint Mansell arranges the music really help make that movie creepy and sad. Still though the saddest movie I've seen is Dancer in The Dark. That was some fuck up shit plus the fact that it's a musical and still that sad is amazing.

As a kid, I'd probably be Lion King cause when Mufasa dies, I felt all sad inside.

amanamagus
01-29-2008, 01:04 AM
I knew Requiem would be all over the place. That movie is fucking sad but the way Clint Mansell arranges the music really help make that movie creepy and sad. Still though the saddest movie I've seen is Dancer in The Dark. That was some fuck up shit plus the fact that it's a musical and still that sad is amazing.

As a kid, I'd probably be Lion King cause when Mufasa dies, I felt all sad inside.
Requiem for a dream = Depressing. Disturbing. :suicide:

YouSlayMe
03-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Crash
crash is not depressing - sad, yes - to see just how w are blinded by hate, prejudice, and ignorance.

that is why everyone should see this flic...

ZiLLa
03-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Definately Requiem
The Machinist (christian bale is such an amazing actor)

Armageddon, i cried so hard when i saw this in the theaters...why the hell does Harry have to die??? Let that douche Affleck get nuked on the asteroid.

YouSlayMe
03-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Million Dollar Baby is one of the most depressing I've ever seen; fucking muff-diving, sucker-punching ho!!!

fuckin sucked...i freaking love that movie. i jist have to have a box of kleenex in my lap to watch it.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg284/galtower/crying.gif

wimmer
03-07-2008, 11:43 PM
great flicks, 21 grams was hard movie to watch, very disheartening, much like requiem...

less than zero
joy luck club (yeah i know, gay)
house of sand and fog
vanilla sky

how could i forget, where the red fern grows, the original...

*there was also this one japanese film, idk the title of that my grandma took us (my brother, cousins & i) to when i was maybe 7 ish... anyways, it was about a single mother who lost her only son during the war... it depicted the struggles of a single woman raising a son alone, the anguish of a parent coming to terms with a missing child & acceptance of his death... he went missing after jumping into a fox hole filled with water to escape an approaching tank, which ran over it... he was listed as kia since no body was ever recovered... finally accepting the fate of her son, after years of pleading with the japanese government for more information, she would prepare his favorite meal, which she sent off to sea in a bento box everyday until she died... we were all crying in the theater it was so sad...

house of sand and fog was very depressing but i still loved it. kingsley was amazing as usual, i can still see him running through that hospital creaming "emergency" and connelly and eldard were outstanding... even though i hated their characters.

and great call on red fern, too. classic doggy tale :good:

dragonfly
03-07-2008, 11:54 PM
house of sand and fog was very depressing but i still loved it. kingsley was amazing as usual, i can still see him running through that hospital creaming "emergency" and connelly and eldard were outstanding... even though i hated their characters.

and great call on red fern, too. classic doggy tale :good:

yeah!! i must to hospital!!! i want only for my son!!! you know wimmy, i hardly ever cry, but when i saw that part, my heart jus dropped & so did a few tears... ben kingsley is a fine actor indeed...

yes, i remember going to see where the red fern grows & crying... i think it was at that time i saw benji too... when the bad guys killed his companion, i was sad...

another depressing movie, imo, was awakenings, with robert de niro & robin williams...

wimmer
03-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Brian's song

Classic tear jerker... the slow motion sceens of brian and gale running through the park made me :wah:

dragonfly
03-07-2008, 11:56 PM
oh & charlottes web

wimmer
03-07-2008, 11:59 PM
yeah!! i must to hospital!!! i want only for my son!!! you know wimmy, i hardly ever cry, but when i saw that part, my heart jus dropped & so did a few tears... ben kingsley is a fine actor indeed...

yes, i remember going to see where the red fern grows & crying... i think it was at that time i saw benji too... when the bad guys killed his companion, i was sad...

another depressing movie, imo, was awakenings, with robert de niro & robin williams...

awakenings... was that the one where williams was a doctor trying to revive those patients? good movie if it's what i'm thinking of

wimmer
03-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Remains of the Day got me in the end. poor 'ol Mr. Stevens

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1256/remainsws7.png

dragonfly
03-08-2008, 01:29 AM
awakenings... was that the one where williams was a doctor trying to revive those patients? good movie if it's what i'm thinking of

yes, thats the one, wimmy... sad movie too

dragonfly
03-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Remains of the Day got me in the end. poor 'ol Mr. Stevens

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1256/remainsws7.png

never seen it though ive heard good things about it... hopkins is a mighty fine actor

i thought the machinist was a bit of a downer, same as donnie darko...

SoilWork
03-09-2008, 04:35 AM
The Pianist.
Schilndlers List.
The Monster Squad (where that little girl Phoebe lets go of Frankenstein and he gets sucked into that portal)

YouSlayMe
03-10-2008, 06:48 PM
The Pianist.
Schilndlers List.
The Monster Squad (where that little girl Phoebe lets go of Frankenstein and he gets sucked into that portal)
dude, that is one sad scene, but

The Monster Squad kicks ass!!!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg284/galtower/skeleton.gif

on second thought, Million Dollar Baby may not be THE most depressing i've evah seen...

Shawshank Redeemption could very well be tho.

TBA
03-12-2008, 04:07 AM
Dead Man Walking should be mentioned if it hasn't yet been.

But the scene with the latin guy and his daughter in the movie Crash was the strongest and most emotional one I've ever seen. Especially since I am a latin father and have Lil Tibby as all my joy.

TBA
03-12-2008, 04:09 AM
Look how I just pwn myself with bringing up the same points twice in one thread:

From an earlier page

Dead Man Walking.

The scene that got him on death row was hard for me to watch at the time being a young and super in love with his wife guy.

The whole movie was a downer.

Strongest scene in any movie for me was the shooting scene with the latin guy and daughter in Crash.

And posted today

Dead Man Walking should be mentioned if it hasn't yet been.

But the scene with the latin guy and his daughter in the movie Crash was the strongest and most emotional one I've ever seen. Especially since I am a latin father and have Lil Tibby as all my joy.

SoilWork
03-12-2008, 04:20 AM
But the scene with the latin guy and his daughter in the movie Crash was the strongest and most emotional one I've ever seen.

That wasnt bad at all because she was wearing the magic cape the whole time....

TBA
03-12-2008, 04:26 AM
That wasnt bad at all because she was wearing the magic cape the whole time....I cried so hard at that scene. I went through all the emotions in 10 seconds.

War magic capes!

dragonfly
03-12-2008, 04:57 AM
tibby

TBA
03-12-2008, 04:58 AM
Yes love?

dragonfly
03-12-2008, 05:06 AM
you pwnt yourself, but i still ❤ you... :)

TBA
03-12-2008, 05:09 AM
How come your ♥ comes out as a ◘ on my computer?

Or do you mean that you little box me?

dragonfly
03-12-2008, 05:33 AM

weird, bc it shows up as:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/dragonfly8O8/px/ns/th_MostDepressingMovieYouveSeen--Page4.png (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/dragonfly8O8/px/ns/MostDepressingMovieYouveSeen--Page4.png)

its supposed to be a heart, tibby...

lol @ little box

TBA
03-12-2008, 05:40 AM
I've been trapped inside your box shaped heart for weeks. (Sing it like Cobain)

dragonfly
03-12-2008, 06:03 AM
I've been trapped inside your box shaped heart for weeks. (Sing it like Cobain)

awz, did you know how much i liked nirvana before typing this?

TBA
03-12-2008, 06:07 AM
No, but coincidentally, I just changed my myspace quote to "I've been trapped inside your heart shaped box for weeks." after hearing that song earlier today.

It reminds me of being so into someone sexually that my head can't fully escape her.

Vens
03-12-2008, 09:40 AM
never seen it though ive heard good things about it... hopkins is a mighty fine actor

i thought the machinist was a bit of a downer, same as donnie darko...

Machinist was an awesome movie.

YouSlayMe
03-12-2008, 03:18 PM

the heart is a heart on mine as well. she would not tease you with a box...well, not an image on yer 'puter anyway!

SoilWork
03-13-2008, 04:44 AM
Glory

donkeypunch
03-13-2008, 04:45 AM
what dreams may come, srsly makes me wanna die and shit

blevunly
03-13-2008, 04:50 AM
what dreams may come, srsly makes me wanna die and shit

Yeah that whole movie was so depressing that lady couldn't catch a break, but atleast the end was happy.

Trolly
03-13-2008, 06:53 AM
I just watched Dancer in the Dark with Bjork and that was pretty fucking depressing. Perhaps more so than Requiem given that fact the that Bjork's character wasn't some heroin addicted, tv stealing degenerate. Grave of Fireflies was incredibly depressing as well

SoilWork
03-13-2008, 07:37 AM
Cast away.

dragonfly
04-25-2008, 03:22 AM
magnolia

IMAMEX
04-25-2008, 06:47 PM
I just watched Dancer in the Dark with Bjork and that was pretty fucking depressing. Perhaps more so than Requiem given that fact the that Bjork's character wasn't some heroin addicted, tv stealing degenerate. Grave of Fireflies was incredibly depressing as well

That's exact same reasoning that came to mind. Plus how she goes balls out to save her kid.

BULA
04-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Love Liza
philip seymour hoffman huffs gasoline the whole movie

Jack Mehoff
04-26-2008, 11:26 PM
bobby was pretty depressing

mytime321
06-19-2008, 02:57 AM
I'm surprised I havent seen anyone say Million Dollar Baby

Billy SexCrime
06-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Requiem for a dream

For sure. I remember just feeling down after watching it. Made me not wanna watch it ever again.

ANWAR
06-20-2008, 08:29 AM
showgirls....

Bloodshot {ADR}
06-20-2008, 08:39 AM
I haven't had a starring role yet.

the sk slinger
06-24-2008, 07:23 AM
agree w/ the already mentioned: Dead Man walking, Requiem, Sand & fog, Grave of the Firefly's, 21 grams, Million Dollar baby, Cookoo's nest
Cant believe these havent been mentioned yet: Barbarian Invasions, Jesus of Montreal, Diving Bell & the Butterfly, Amoros Perros, Babel, Avery Long engagement, Seventh seal, vertigo, Pi, american beauty, elephant, and city of god to some extent