PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL UFC 70 discussion thread. *SPOILERS*

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ninjashoes
04-21-2007, 10:36 PM
damn this year is too fuckin weird

DieOff
04-21-2007, 10:37 PM
AMAZING GONZAGA KILLED HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fumblingwisdom
04-21-2007, 10:39 PM

Liddell is next..

Fedor is not to fucked with though, I don't see him losing till he gets cut by an elbow again

mouse9379
04-21-2007, 10:40 PM
WHAT HAPPENED !!!! !!!!

LOL !! your kidding right... fuck if only i had the discipline not to spoil this fight

We're in the spoiler forum, it's alright lol

My damn stream stopped working before the Bisping fight and I could never got it back on.

ferg[adr]
04-21-2007, 10:41 PM
i won every vbookie bet :D

i am not settling it until after spike shows the whole thing tho.

JasonJJ
04-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Omg, wtf. I knew CC should just stay away from fighting this year. What a total shit year. And AA even beat Werdum. MMA just got a lot less important to me tonight. I don't want to stick around for Fedor to lose to some nobody as well, or some hype-only fighter like AA. :( The only highlight of this year is Silva getting knocked out by a fighter of a lower weight class.

mouse9379
04-21-2007, 10:49 PM
You kidding? Shit year?

ferg[adr]
04-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Omg, wtf. I knew CC should just stay away from fighting this year. What a total shit year. And AA even beat Werdum. MMA just got a lot less important to me tonight. I don't want to stick around for Fedor to lose to some nobody as well, or some hype-only fighter like AA. :( The only highlight of this year is Silva getting knocked out by a fighter of a lower weight class.

erm.... "AA even beat werdum" did you REALLY think werdum was soooo much better? and as for guys like gonzaga being a nobody, he just wasn't proven yet. don't leave MMA fool! this is what makes it so damn exciting.

ferg[adr]
04-21-2007, 10:55 PM
AMAZING GONZAGA KILLED HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cro cop was out before he hit the ground.

ferg[adr]
04-21-2007, 10:55 PM
i hate to have to say this, but i think gonzaga might be able to smoke arlovski.

ferg[adr]
04-21-2007, 10:56 PM

nah i was expecting these outcomes lol. i hate to say i told ya so, but after all the shit i've taken from most ppl here (not you at all) on my UFC 70 predictions i just gotta gloat a little bit.

ferg[adr]
04-21-2007, 10:57 PM
btw randy is fucked.

JasonJJ
04-21-2007, 11:01 PM
erm.... "AA even beat werdum" did you REALLY think werdum was soooo much better? and as for guys like gonzaga being a nobody, he just wasn't proven yet. don't leave MMA fool! this is what makes it so damn exciting.

I did think that, and I still do. AA is the new Tim Silvia, fighting style wise.

Last year everything made sense. Last year the people who should win won and the people who should lose lost. This year is just insane, aside from the Dan/Silva fight nothing has made sense this year (Fedor won but that was way too close with him fighting a freaking middle weight).

CC will probably retire because unless GG beats Fedor, there is no way to live this down. And if he for some reason doesn't retire he needs to stay the fuck away from the cage and orgs that let people elbow on the ground. Even if he hadn't eating the HK he would have lost on cut sooner or later.

ninjashoes
04-21-2007, 11:04 PM
I think Cro Cop took Gonzaga kinda light, he even said himself he knew nothing of GG meanwhile GG is training hard specifically to fight Mirko.

JasonJJ
04-21-2007, 11:05 PM
nah i was expecting these outcomes lol. i hate to say i told ya so, but after all the shit i've taken from most ppl here (not you at all) on my UFC 70 predictions i just gotta gloat a little bit.

I just don't understand how you knew this. From all the MMA I have watched and rewatched over the years these results just do not compute at all. I just can't understand. I mean, I know one punch can end a fight and all that but still, before it was always about probabilities and I was rarely wrong. This year even my safest of bets lose.

JasonJJ
04-21-2007, 11:07 PM
I think Cro Cop took Gonzaga kinda light, he even said himself he knew nothing of GG meanwhile GG is training hard specifically to fight Mirko.

There is no way to explain it. No way at all. I wish they would just cancel MMA this year and throw out all the results that happened so far. Let's just start again next year when whatever is going on is over.

ferg[adr]
04-21-2007, 11:09 PM
I just don't understand how you knew this. From all the MMA I have watched and rewatched over the years these results just do not compute at all. I just can't understand. I mean, I know one punch can end a fight and all that but still, before it was always about probabilities and I was rarely wrong. This year even my safest of bets lose.

just by my gut after seeing all the guys fight... that's it. WAR NAPAO!

EDIT: trust me, i have a huge gut.

ferg[adr]
04-21-2007, 11:10 PM
I did think that, and I still do. AA is the new Tim Silvia, fighting style wise.

Last year everything made sense. Last year the people who should win won and the people who should lose lost. This year is just insane, aside from the Dan/Silva fight nothing has made sense this year (Fedor won but that was way too close with him fighting a freaking middle weight).

CC will probably retire because unless GG beats Fedor, there is no way to live this down. And if he for some reason doesn't retire he needs to stay the fuck away from the cage and orgs that let people elbow on the ground. Even if he hadn't eating the HK he would have lost on cut sooner or later.

AA was fairly aggressive in the first round, and he kept getting the better of the exchanges. even though the other rounds were slow and dull i think it still definately showed AA's takedown defense and striking is just too much for werdum. i would say werdum wins 1/5 or 2/5 because eventually he'd be able to take andrei down where he should win.

JasonJJ
04-21-2007, 11:12 PM
just by my gut after seeing all the guys fight... that's it. WAR NAPAO!

EDIT: trust me, i have a huge gut.

But it makes no sense. Watching MMA since UFC 1 until now, there were very few surprises so long as you didn't get caught in the hype (e.g. Vitor). But this year all that is out the window. There is a disturbance in the force to be sure.

Shoei
04-21-2007, 11:13 PM
UFC>PRIDE?

JasonJJ
04-21-2007, 11:14 PM
AA was fairly aggressive in the first round, and he kept getting the better of the exchanges. even though the other rounds were slow and dull

This is what I mean with my Tim Silvia comment. Basically he got ahead on points and then went into ultra-defensive mode. The UFC has to do something about this, if all their fights do this people are going to stop watching.

ferg[adr]
04-21-2007, 11:15 PM
UFC>PRIDE?

yup.

mouse9379
04-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Just seen the video. Holy shit that was unreal! Cro COp dropped like a sack of potatoes.

JasonJJ
04-21-2007, 11:16 PM
UFC>PRIDE?

The guy who took out Lil' Nog and Arona in a combined time of less then 5 minutes didn't come from the UFC.

ferg[adr]
04-21-2007, 11:16 PM
This is what I mean with my Tim Silvia comment. Basically he got ahead on points and then went into ultra-defensive mode. The UFC has to do something about this, if all their fights do this people are going to stop watching.

i doubt AA will keep this up, he knows it disappointed the fans. i think he just REALLY knew he needed this win so he wanted to play it safe. i don't blame him. don't worry his next fight he'll be more exciting.

i kinda want to see cro cop vs. AA to see who fights the new champion gonzaga.

Shoei
04-21-2007, 11:18 PM
The guy who took out Lil' Nog and Arona in a combined time of less then 5 minutes didn't come from the UFC.

yea i know.

Fumblingwisdom
04-21-2007, 11:18 PM
I just watched the KO.... FUCKING AMAZING

Crocop didnt throw a punch for 1:30.. then got his ass beat for 4 mins... then KTFO in 15 seconds no the feet

Stellar KO

JasonJJ
04-21-2007, 11:20 PM
i kinda want to see cro cop vs. AA to see who fights the new champion gonzaga.

Not this year! I hope CC broke his ankle so he can't fight again this year.

Fumblingwisdom
04-21-2007, 11:23 PM
** his leg looks fucked up

mouse9379
04-21-2007, 11:25 PM

Ya, the WEC which they also own lol.

mouse9379
04-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Damn seeing Cro Cops ankle like that was nasty.

ferg[adr]
04-21-2007, 11:26 PM
I just watched the KO.... FUCKING AMAZING

Crocop didnt throw a punch for 1:30.. then got his ass beat for 4 mins... then KTFO in 15 seconds no the feet

Stellar KO

no crap man!!!!

even though there were a tiny handful of us (actually i think like 2 people) who thought gonzaga would win, NOBODY expected a freakin high kick knockout. wow. wow....

wow.

mouse9379
04-21-2007, 11:26 PM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3739/wowgp8.gif

http://dnevnik.hr/media/images///extra/Apr2007//44513.jpg

blim001
04-21-2007, 11:27 PM
FUCK YOU GONZAGA

Fumblingwisdom
04-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Turd and Blunt rep'd for calling the upset ages ago... AA aswell

ninjashoes
04-21-2007, 11:33 PM
UFC vs. Pride talk post buyout = gay

Shoei
04-21-2007, 11:34 PM
UFC vs. Pride talk post buyout = gay

haha, sorry ninja, i had to say it. or someone else wouldve.

ninjashoes
04-21-2007, 11:36 PM
haha, sorry ninja, i had to say it. or someone else wouldve.

true

ferg[adr]
04-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Turd and Blunt rep'd for calling the upset ages ago... AA aswell

thanks man! repped for repping me :sifone:

the only thing that sucks is now everybody is going to be on his nuts and i me + blunt aren't going to be alone anymore lol.:wah:

VicDienekes
04-21-2007, 11:43 PM
UFC>PRIDE?

Shitdog thinking :gojerkit:

Extremely technical GnP from Bisping...body-head, body-body-head, body-head repeat,till tko....looked like he was gassing in the second round tho. That was a little dishearting to say the least, but I still got faith.

Looks like Gabriel's strength and conditioning coach's emphasis on increasing the power in his upper and lower body paid off. Nearly dropped my pint.

Training in Ludlow must have been hard, there are so many great places to eat. +1 Willpower.

BTW Goldberg talked shit all night...Manchester is about as beautiful as Detroit....but there is a pub on every corner.

Andrei looked shit. Again. Honestly, that fight was fucking awful. That man- for the moment at least- does not deserve a title shot. Not by a country mile. To his fans...you got let down. He had so many chances to finish the fight, but failed to press the advantage when presented with opportunities. He outstruck Werdum for sure, but he did so unconvincingly. Literally won by default. Herb wished he had a yellow card in his top pocket.

Hughes-Serra on TUF 6 anyone? Thoughts, grumbles or expressions of happiness?

Jess Liaudin by armbar was cool as fuck. Nice guy got his pay-day, let's get some of that UFC dollar!

Okay my Yankee friends...what did you think of the crowd?

UFC 70 Nations Collide History Made In the UK Biatches:sifone:

VicDienekes
04-21-2007, 11:45 PM
thanks man! repped for repping me :sifone:

the only thing that sucks is now everybody is going to be on his nuts and i me + blunt aren't going to be alone anymore lol.:wah:

Don't forget good ol' Joe Rogan, pimping jiujitsu fighters 24/7

CreatureCore
04-21-2007, 11:46 PM
I couldnt believe the fight, Cro Cop didnt do one thing other then one body kick. He didnt even throw a single punch. He was way to passive. Really cant believe this year, first nog, then silva, then silvia, then gsp, then arona and now this. I cant take much more.

VicDienekes
04-21-2007, 11:47 PM
that was as good as any kick CC has ever thrown muahahaha

Yes it was. Unbelievable.

ninjashoes
04-21-2007, 11:50 PM
every single top fighter is getting upset, its like we are witnessing a new surge in MMA evolution

CHE
04-21-2007, 11:50 PM
CC's leg and/or ankle has to be fucked up. he wont be fighting for awhile now. AA-werdum fight was a huge letdown. first round was good the rest was fuckin terrible. i thought i was watching kos-diego again. werdum only tried like twice to get it down and AA should've finished Werdum he had his opportunities, wtf is wrong with him? he did win tho.

those are the only fights ive seen as of now. i will watch the rest tonight

i was definately for CC and still love him, bu props to Gonzaga he dominated that fight. that KO was as sick as any of CC's KO's

wtf was with CC? did he know he was in a fight? he threw a total of under 5 strikes it seemed.

CHE
04-21-2007, 11:52 PM
props to turd and blunt for callin it. also so that their boy AA wont have to get his dome kicked off anytime soon. Unless Gonzaga is the new CC :sifone:

VicDienekes
04-21-2007, 11:56 PM
CC's leg and/or ankle has to be fucked up. he wont be fighting for awhile now. AA-werdum fight was a huge letdown. first round was good the rest was fuckin terrible. i thought i was watching kos-diego again. werdum only tried like twice to get it down and AA should've finished Werdum he had his opportunities, wtf is wrong with him? he did win tho.

those are the only fights ive seen as of now. i will watch the rest tonight

Yep AA-Werdum was shit.

THe rest of the card is teh pwn...enjoy the fights.

Snap went the deadly weapon! Damn CC is going to hobble for a while

Blunt Object [ADR]
04-22-2007, 12:22 AM
crocop by decapitation lol
hahaha Gonzaga by Decapitation

Blunt Object [ADR]
04-22-2007, 12:23 AM
props to turd and blunt for callin it. also so that their boy AA wont have to get his dome kicked off anytime soon. Unless Gonzaga is the new CC :sifone:

thanx. people were talking that the way to beat crocop was to pressure him and that's what he did. sweet ass fight.

SmokinGunz
04-22-2007, 12:29 AM
WTF THE FUCK HAPPENED TO CROCOP....that shit was fucked up...WAR ARLOVSKI!!!!!!!! i should bring up that thread that they was talking hell shit in about Arlovski.

SmokinGunz
04-22-2007, 12:30 AM
BluntObject50 [ADR];472855']thanx. people were talking that the way to beat crocop was to pressure him and that's what he did. sweet ass fight.

hell yeah...with all these upsets going on, i didn't even bet on that shit REP'D 4 callin it.

ferg[adr]
04-22-2007, 12:39 AM
BluntObject50 [ADR];472853']crocop by decapitation lol
hahaha Gonzaga by Decapitation

lol plus juan

everybody pwnd

Blunt Object [ADR]
04-22-2007, 12:45 AM
WTF THE FUCK HAPPENED TO CROCOP....that shit was fucked up...WAR ARLOVSKI!!!!!!!! i should bring up that thread that they was talking hell shit in about Arlovski.

hell yea. where is bigbadroy now huh????

Chaz
04-22-2007, 12:49 AM
Whats funny is Andrei will actually probably be champion again and have to fight Tim Slyvia and then we have a nasty year of shit again. :) Andrei was boring tonight. Everyone lets jump on the Lyoto wagon big time now.!!! CHO CHO!!!

Educate
04-22-2007, 12:49 AM
Fuck 2007! I will now bet on the underdog in every main event from this day on! Fucking unreal! I really can't believe this shit!

Chaz
04-22-2007, 12:50 AM
Also; I hope Crocop gets to rematch Gongaza kind of like he did with randleman and he chokes Fatso out.

Blunt Object [ADR]
04-22-2007, 12:50 AM
Whats funny is Andrei will actually probably be champion again and have to fight Tim Slyvia and then we have a nasty year of shit again. :) Andrei was boring tonight. Everyone lets jump on the Lyoto wagon big time now.!!! CHO CHO!!!

i agree the andrei fight wasn't that great. he even apologized for it. but fabricio kept backing away.the first round was great tho.

Blunt Object [ADR]
04-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Also; I hope Crocop gets to rematch Gongaza kind of like he did with randleman and he chokes Fatso out.

i heard from chickenjorge that he heard somewhere that cc was thinking of retiring. maybe this will affect his decision

Blunt Object [ADR]
04-22-2007, 01:02 AM
sad day for team crocop

bigbadroy
04-22-2007, 01:19 AM
BluntObject50 [ADR];472884']hell yea. where is bigbadroy now huh????

right here man. just read the results, wow! year of the upsets for sure. how did AA do?

ferg[adr]
04-22-2007, 01:21 AM
right here man. just read the results, wow! year of the upsets for sure. how did AA do?

uneventuful fight, but every time werdum tried a take down arlovski stuffed it easy. and when they exchanged fists AA came out on top every time with little problem.

also tons of leg kicks, werdum is limping right now i guarantee it.

bigbadroy
04-22-2007, 01:24 AM
uneventuful fight, but every time werdum tried a take down arlovski stuffed it easy. and when they exchanged fists AA came out on top every time with little problem.

also tons of leg kicks, werdum is limping right now i guarantee it.

sounds like the event wasn't very good except for the gonzaga upset huh?

ferg[adr]
04-22-2007, 01:26 AM
sounds like the event wasn't very good except for the gonzaga upset huh?

well the first round of AA/werdum was awesome, then it slowed down hardcore.

bisping/sinosic was a fucking great fight.

kongo/silva was a snoozefest half of the time. the parts where kongo was striking on the feet were great.

the last fight where the french dude won by armbar(i forget his name) was awesome.

gonzaga/cro cop was, well.... FUCKING AWESOME!

overall a good event.

Blunt Object [ADR]
04-22-2007, 01:29 AM
turd where did you find that av pic? lol

ferg[adr]
04-22-2007, 01:30 AM
BluntObject50 [ADR];472949']turd where did you find that av pic? lol

lol i told ya like 3 times, man. arlovski.tv in the pics section:sifone:

Blunt Object [ADR]
04-22-2007, 01:31 AM
lol i told ya like 3 times, man. arlovski.tv in the pics section:sifone:

really? cuz i never asked before. i just said nice pic

ferg[adr]
04-22-2007, 01:32 AM
BluntObject50 [ADR];472955']really? cuz i never asked before. i just said nice pic

well actually i just told you once so i lied sorry. lol. it was in this thread a while ago when it was uber-super-active so you missed it.

but yeah arlovski.tv there are other good pics too.

Blunt Object [ADR]
04-22-2007, 01:34 AM
i want the shirt he was wearing. it was tight. you see one of the sponsors??? "condomdepot.com"

ferg[adr]
04-22-2007, 01:42 AM
BluntObject50 [ADR];472960']i want the shirt he was wearing. it was tight. you see one of the sponsors??? "condomdepot.com"

yeah haha

i LOL'd at that.

Blunt Object [ADR]
04-22-2007, 01:44 AM
yeah haha

i LOL'd at that.

i just checked the website. it really is a condom depot lol

Vens
04-22-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm shocked.

Blunt Object [ADR]
04-22-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm shocked.

are you gonna say anything nice about AA now?

ferg[adr]
04-22-2007, 01:49 AM
BluntObject50 [ADR];472979']are you gonna say anything nice about AA now?

i recall ven saying something about he'd give AA some respect if he beats werdum.

Vens
04-22-2007, 01:50 AM
I said that I had a feeling that AA would win this fight.
But werdum also lost to Khar, and nog.. But AA did well.
The fight sucked IMO.

Vens
04-22-2007, 01:51 AM
Now all AA has to do is beat sylvia, and he is apparently God to some of you guys.

Blunt Object [ADR]
04-22-2007, 01:52 AM
I said that I had a feeling that AA would win this fight.
But werdum also lost to Khar, and nog.. But AA did well.
The fight sucked IMO.

i have to admit the fight wasn't teh best but the first round was awesome. AA even apologized for the poor performance.

Vens
04-22-2007, 01:56 AM
I'm not even gonna watch MMA anymore.

Fumblingwisdom
04-22-2007, 02:21 AM
http://www.upshizzle.com/pfiles/2708/Some%20more%20Napaownage.gif

http://www.upshizzle.com/pfiles/2707/Even%20more%20Napaownage.gif

Fumblingwisdom
04-22-2007, 02:21 AM
http://www.upshizzle.com/pfiles/2705/Cro%20Cop%20gets%20a%20taste%20of%20his%20own%20me dicine...%20Napaownage.gif

http://www.upshizzle.com/pfiles/2706/More%20Napaownage.gif

Fumblingwisdom
04-22-2007, 02:22 AM
http://ninjashoes.net/forum/imagehosting/624462ab64f230ee.jpg

meepins
04-22-2007, 02:41 AM
That is the most shocking thing I have ever seen. My stomach turned after that kick and his leg twisted awkwardly. It look like it fucking killed him. I'm still in shock and never would have expected anything like it.
Hopefully his leg is ok, Mirko is my favourite fighter .. want him back fighting asap.

xhale of the shoes
04-22-2007, 03:06 AM
thank you las vegas... i just won $993 on gonzaga, and 648 on AA

im happy ;)

Nasty Nate
04-22-2007, 03:49 AM
nice xhale^

Nasty Nate
04-22-2007, 03:49 AM
war bisbing!!!

Nasty Nate
04-22-2007, 03:51 AM
i thought that fight was pretty funny, cause this is the year of upsets and elvis sinosic is known as the spoiler. so in a way it cud of been expected for sinosin to get the upset, so wud that make bisbing winning be the upset?

ferg[adr]
04-22-2007, 12:11 PM
http://ninjashoes.net/forum/imagehosting/624462ab64f230ee.jpg

end of thread